Kensington station (MARTA)
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (September 2015)
|MARTA rapid transit station|
|Location||3350 Kensington Road
Decatur, GA 30032
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||June 26, 1993|
|Passengers (2013)||5,950 (avg. weekday) 2%|
Kensington is an at-grade train station in unincorporated DeKalb County, Georgia, serving the Blue Line of the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) rail system. It has one island platform with 1 track on each side. This station opened on June 26, 1993.
Kensington is mainly a park and ride train station for commuters heading into Atlanta. This station mainly serves Decatur's unincorporated communities, as well as communities in Stone Mountain, Lithonia, Stonecrest and Tucker.
Bus service is provided at this station to Dekalb County Sheriffs Headquarters and Jail, Georgia Piedmont Technical College (formerly known as Dekalb Technical College), Georgia Department of Labor, Memorial Drive Park & Ride, North Dekalb Mall, Northlake Mall, Mountain Industrial Business District, GRTA Panola Park & Ride and The Mall at Stonecrest. Transfers to the Emory Cliff Shuttle's Oxford route are also available.
Bus Rapid Transit is provided at this station to points along Memorial Drive: 221- Memorial Drive Limited.
|G||Street Level||Entrance/Exit, station house|
|Westbound||← Blue Line toward H. E. Holmes (Avondale)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Eastbound||→ Blue Line toward Indian Creek (Terminus) →|
Buses at this station
The station is served by the following MARTA bus routes:
- Route 8 - North Druid Hills Rd/Brookhaven
- Route 21 - Memorial Drive
- Route 86 - Fairington Road/Snapfinger Road/Mall at Stonecrest
- Route 115- Covington Highway/ Mall at Stonecrest
- Route 119 - North Hairston Road / Stone Mountain Village
- Route 121 - Memorial Drive (Atlanta) / North Hairston Road.
- Route 125 - Clarkston/Northlake Mall
- Route 221 - Memorial Drive (Atlanta) Limited.
- "2014 Transportation Fact Book" (PDF). Atlanta Regional Commission. Retrieved 22 July 2015.