Kakamega local elections, 2013
Local elections were held in Kakamega County to elect a Governor and County Assembly on 4 March 2013. Under the new constitution, which was passed in a 2010 referendum, the 2013 general elections were the first in which Governors and members of the County Assemblies for the newly created counties were elected.
|Mwilitsa, Albert Stanslous||Chiluka, Caleb Musire||United Republican Party||--|
|Ndombi, Lawrence Simbauni||Echessa, Francis Kangwana||Cord||Federal Party of Kenya||--|
|Olando, Paul Polland||Mukhwana, Mohammed||United Democratic Forum Party||--|
|Oparanyah, Wycliffe Ambetsa||Kutima, Philip Museve||Orange Democratic Movement||--|
|Shitanda, Soita Peter||Omusotsi, David Wamatsi||New Ford Kenya||--|
|Wangia, Jared Waudo||Wangia, Christine Ongayo||Independent||--|
The following are some of the candidates who have made public their intentions to run:
- Wycliffe Oparanya - Minister Planning Development and Vision 2030
- Soita Shitanda - Minister Housing
- Paul Olando - former Nyanza Provincial Commissioner
- Albert Mwilitsa - former Turkana North District Commissioner
- Simbauni Ndombi - businessman
- Suleiman Sumba - former Kenya army officer
- "Kenya to hold polls in March 2013, says elections body". The Citizen. 18 March 2012. Retrieved 2 September 2012.
- "ODM, UDF 'bulls' in major brawl for Kakamega seat". The Standard. 24 December 2012. Retrieved 20 January 2013.