November 6, 1962
Personal Life and Education
Born in 1962, Shook graduated from the Klein High School in Spring, Texas. He went on to graduate from Baylor University, located in Waco, Texas, and Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, located in Fort Worth. He and his wife, Chris, have four children.
In October 1993, the Shooks founded Woodlands Church, formerly Fellowship of The Woodlands, Texas. Since then, the congregation has grown to include campuses in Conroe, Tomball and Atascosita area, including the main campus located in the WOODLANDS TEXAS. Those campuses, combined with the main church, now attract an average total of more than 17,000 individuals from all age groups.
In 2005, Shook began broadcasting his message on local television stations, beginning with KTBU Channel 55 in Houston. Other stations were quickly added, including KTLA channel 5, Houston’s The CW 39 and DayStar Television Network. Today, Kerry Shook Ministries is a worldwide television ministry to a national and international audience with broadcasts reaching all 50 states in the U.S. and over 200 countries worldwide.
In February 2008, Shook became a best-selling author when “One Month to Live: 30 Days to a No-Regrets Life" was released. Shook co-wrote the book with his wife, Chris. The book challenges readers to "embrace life and live it out moment by moment with whole-hearted authenticity, honesty and integrity."
Shook is noted for his innovative attempts to address topics that are relevant to daily living in a style designed to make church services "The Best Hour of Your Week." Shook’s messages typically emphasize relationships with God, values, priorities, and the importance of leaving a lasting legacy.
- Shook, Kerry, and Chris Shook. One Month to Live. Colorado Springs, CO: Waterbrook Press, 2008.
- New York Times (2008) - "Hardcover Advice Best-seller List" - March 2, 2008
- "Woodlands Pastor to Keynote National Event". Montgomery County News. February 4, 2009. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "World Famous Flying Wallendas to Perform at Woodlands Church". Market Watch. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Houston Pastor to Interview Athletes about Faith and Sports in New Series". Ultimate The Woodlands. Retrieved 16 February 2012.