||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Bluesfest 2008, Ottawa, Canada
|Born||McKerrow (Baldwin, Ontario), Canada|
|Genres||Jazz, folk, Americana (music)|
|Associated acts||Norah Jones, Cassandra Wilson, Jane Bunnett, Carlos del Junco, Harry Manx, John Dickie, The Sisters Euclid, Folkalarm, Molly Johnson, Hugh Laurie|
Kevin Breit is a Canadian guitarist, vocalist, and singer-songwriter from McKerrow, Ontario, Canada. His group, The Sisters Euclid, has been a fixture at the Orbit Room in Toronto for the past 13 years. Breit has worked as a touring guitarist or session musician with a variety of musicians including Cassandra Wilson, The Miller Stain Limit, Norah Jones, Michael Kaeshammer, Celine Dion, Marc Jordan, Molly Johnson, Harry Manx, Holly Cole, Rosanne Cash, Serena Ryder, the Rankins and Hugh Laurie.He also performs as a solo artist and as a member of the folk group Folkalarm. He was awarded the 2012 Juno Award for Best Instrumental Album as member The Stretch Orchestra.Breit has performed on recordings that have earned 13 Grammy Awards.
- Maybelle and Empty (2010)
- Supergenerous & Sao Paulo Slim (with Cyro Baptista) (2010)
- Best of Folkalarm (2010)
- Burnt Bulb on Broadway (2011)
- Simple Earnest Plea (2011)
- Field Recording (2013)
- Ernesto and Delilah (with Rebecca Jenkins) (2015)
- Settler, Hans. "Americana Alt.Country CD Reviews". Insurgent Country. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "Best of Folkalarm, by Kevin Breit and Folkalarm". Kevin Breit. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "Home". Stretch Orchestra. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Music, CBC. "CBC Music". music.cbc.ca. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- "Sisters Euclid: Run Neil Run". Allaboutjazz.com. Retrieved 2015-10-26.