Kevin Dawson (footballer, born 1990)
|Full name||Kevin Patrick Dawson|
|Date of birth||30 June 1990|
|Place of birth||Dublin, Ireland|
|St. Kevins Boys|
|2005||Republic of Ireland U15|
|2006||Republic of Ireland U16|
|2008||Republic of Ireland U18||2||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:39, 2 February 2016 (UTC).
Following his schoolboy years at St Malachys FC and both Belvedere and St. Kevin's Boys, Dawson joined Sporting Fingal in 2009. Initially part of their Under–20 squad, Dawson forced his way into Fingal's first team picture making 4 appearances during the 2009 First Division season. Dawson won an FAI Cup winners medal in 2009 as an unused substitute during Sporting's Fingal's 2–1 victory over Sligo Rovers. Following Sporting Fingal's promotion to the Premier Division for 2010, the young midfielder made a further 16 league and cup appearances and won an A Championship Cup medal as part of their reserve side. Ahead of the 2011 season, Dawson was still under contract at Sporting Fingal but following the pre-season demise of the club Dawson was left without a club.
On 14 February 2011, Dawson was snapped up Shelbourne for their 2011 First Division campaign. He became more of a permanent fixture halfway through the season where he helped Shels gain promotion to the Premier League. He received praise for his performance in the 2011 FAI Cup Final against Sligo Rovers. Shelbourne would eventually lose on penalties, Dawson being one of the players to miss from the spot.
Dawson signed for English League One side Yeovil Town following the expiry of his Shelbourne contract upon the opening of the 2013 January transfer window, signing a contract until the end of the 2012–13 season. On 8 January 2013, Dawson made his Yeovil debut as a substitute in their Football League Trophy area semi-final defeat against Leyton Orient. On 19 May 2013, Dawson played in the 2013 League One play-off Final as Yeovil beat Brentford 2–1 to secure promotion to the Football League Championship. On 26 June 2013, Dawson signed a two-year contract extension.
Another brother Brendan played for youth football for Shamrock Rovers and made one first team substitute appearance for Rovers in 2005.
- As of 2 February 2016.
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Sporting Fingal||2009||First Division||4||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||4||0|
- Sporting Fingal
- Yeovil Town
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 50. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- "Sligo Rovers 1–2 Sporting Fingal". RTÉ.ie (Raidió Teilifís Éireann). 22 November 2009. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- "Sporting Fingal cease operations". RTÉ.ie (Raidió Teilifís Éireann). 10 February 2011. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- "Kevin Dawson signs". ShelbourneFC.com (Shelbourne F.C.). 14 February 2011. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- "Kevin Dawson: Yeovil Town sign ex-Shelbourne midfielder". BBC Sport. 1 January 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- "Leyton Orient 1–0 Yeovil". BBC Sport. 8 January 2013. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Brentford 1–2 Yeovil". BBC Sport. 19 May 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "Why giants hold no fear for survivor Dawson". IrishExaminer.ie (Examiner Publications (Cork) Limited). 19 February 2011. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- "Games played by Kevin Dawson in 2012/2013". Soccerbase. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "Games played by Kevin Dawson in 2013/2014". Soccerbase. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "Games played by Kevin Dawson in 2014/2015". Soccerbase. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "Games played by Kevin Dawson in 2015/2016". Soccerbase. Retrieved 1 July 2015.