||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Mobile Telecommunications Software and hardware|
|Jeffrey Brown - President and CEO (June 2009)|
Kineto Wireless is based in Milpitas, California and provides telco-OTT solutions to the mobile industry. Kineto’s solutions enhance and extend communications services out over IP-based networks, such as the Internet.
Kineto is a privately held, venture-backed company whose investors, including Venrock Associates, Sutter Hill Ventures, Oak Investment Partners and SeaPointVentures.
Customers and partners include Acme Packet, HTC Corporation, Huawei, LG Electronics, Motorola, NewPace, Orange (telecommunications), Rogers Wireless, Research in Motion, Samsung Group, SFR, T-Mobile USA and ZTE.
The company innovated Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA), also known as Generic Access Network (GAN).
- Julie Klein, VentureBeat. "Kineto Wireless gets $3M to improve mobile phone coverage." November 12, 2010.
- Crunchbase. Crunchbase Kineto Wireless Profile."
- Official company website
- Wi-Fi Offload? There's an App for That, Total Telecom, Feb. 16, 2011
- Kineto Signal Boost offers Wi-Fi calling from your own number, PC Advisor, Feb. 14, 2011
- Kineto's Smart Comms app aims to take RCS to next level, FierceBroadbandWireless, Jan. 28, 2013
- Too few operators have formulated a coherent Telco-OTT strategy, Mobile Europe, Jan. 28, 2013
- Telco-OTT Today, a market development initiative