Kingston College (British Columbia)
Kingston College, was an educational institution headquartered in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada with locations in Toronto, Ontario and Niagara Falls, Ontario that was ordered closed in October 2006. Before its closure by provincial authorities, it had been a private, for-profit college operating in the Vancouver area by businessman Michael Lo under Kingston Education Group that runs Kingston High School, Lansbridge University in New Brunswick and British Columbia and Nanjing Grand Canadian Academy (formerly known as Greenwood Academy under the former Liberal MP, Raymond Chan).
Kingston College offered degrees from the American University in London, which is an unaccredited university. The Private Post-Secondary Education Commission of British Columbia (PPSEC) made several attempts to get Kingston to cease this practice before the PPSEC was disbanded in 2004 and replaced with Private Career Training Agency of British Columbia (PCTIA). Under PCTIA directives, any out of country institution offering degree programs in Canada should be accredited.
Students are suing the college over advertising claims.
- "canada.com - Page Not Found" – via Canada.com.
- Jung, Insung; Latchem, Colin (5 April 2012). "Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Distance Education: Models, Policies and Research". Routledge – via Google Books.
- CUFA/BC - Lansbridge University Told to Close Over Violations - February 9, 2007
- CUFA/BC - College Faces Probe After Complaint Over Degrees - October 4, 2006
- Cabinet Minister's Firms Got Campaign Funds - October 7, 2005 http://www.cufa.bc.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=75&Itemid=1
- Confederation of University Faculty Associations of British Columbia, Who is operating illegally in BC? Archived 2007-10-20 at the Wayback Machine., updated 28 March 2007, accessed October 17, 2007
- Kingston College by Jon Paul Henry, Faculty Matters, Numbers 1&2, November 2006, pages 10-11, Douglas College.
- CUFA/BC - Secret Ingredient for a Successful Economy - September 12, 2005
- Confederation of University Faculty Associations of British Columbia (CUFA/BC) articles on Kingston College and Lansbridge University
- Private Career Training Agency of BC
|This British Columbia school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|