|Born||July 1974 (age 40–41)
Silver Spring, Maryland
|Institutions||University of California, San Diego
|Alma mater||MIT (Ph.D. 2000)
Princeton (M.A. 1997)
Harvard (B.A. 1996)
|Doctoral advisor||Aise Johan de Jong|
At age 16, Kedlaya won a gold medal at the International Mathematics Olympiad, and would later win a silver and another gold medal. While an undergraduate student at Harvard, he was a three-time Putnam Fellow. A 1996 article by The Harvard Crimson described him as "the best college-age student in math in the United States".
Kedlaya was runner-up for the 1996 Morgan Prize, for a paper in which he substantially improved on results of Babai and Sós (1985) on the size of the largest product-free subset of a finite group of order n.
- p-adic Differential Equations, Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics, Band 125, Cambridge University Press 2010
- with David Savitt, Dinesh Thakur, Matt Baker, Brian Conrad, Samit Dasgupta, Jeremy Teitelbaum p-adic Geometry, Lectures from the 2007 Arizona Winter School, American Mathematical Society 2008
- with Bjorn Poonen, Ravi Vakil The William Lowell Putnam Mathematical Competition 1985-2000: Problems, Solutions and Commentary, Mathematical Association of America, 2002
- "Silver Spring whiz kid brings home the gold". Washington Times. July 20, 1990.
- Hsu, Geoffrey C. (June 6, 1996). "Breaking the Curve". The Harvard Crimson.
- ——— (1997). "Large Product-Free Subsets of Finite Groups". Journal of Combinatorial Theory. Series A 77 (2): 339–343. doi:10.1006/jcta.1997.2715.
- Babai, L.; Sós, V. T. (1985). "Sidon sets in groups and induced subgraphs of Cayley graphs". European Journal of Combinatorics 6: 101–114. doi:10.1016/s0195-6698(85)80001-9.
- "ICM Plenary and Invited Speakers since 1897". International Congress of Mathematicians.
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-01-27.
- Berger, Laurent (2012). "Review: p-adic differentials equations, by Kiran Kedlaya" (PDF). Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. (N.S.) 49 (3): 465–468. doi:10.1090/s0273-0979-2012-01371-X.
- Kiran Kedlaya's website
- Kiran Kedlaya at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Kiran Kedlaya's results at the International Mathematical Olympiad
|This article about an American mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|