||This article has an unclear citation style. (January 2011)|
|Founded||1888 (As Kirloskar Brothers Limited)|
|Headquarters||Pune, Maharastra, India|
|Sanjay Kirloskar, (Chairman & MD)|
automobiles through a joint venture with Toyota
infrastructure pumping projects
bridges & flyovers
|Revenue||$120 billion USD (2012)|
Number of employees
The Kirloskar Group is an Indian conglomerate headquartered in Pune, Maharashtra, India. The company exports to over 70 countries over most of Africa, Southeast Asia and Europe. The flagship & holding company, Kirloskar Brothers Ltd established in 1888, is India's largest maker of pumps and valves. and also undertakes construction projects through its subsidiary Kirloskar Construction And Engineers Ltd. The group is headed by Sanjay Kirloskar.
The Kirloskar group of companies was one of the earliest industrial groups in the engineering industry in India. The group produces pumps, engines, compressors, screw & centrifugal chillers, lathes and electrical equipments like electric motors, transformers and generators (it is the world's largest genset manufacturer). While he established the group, his son also played a role in the leadership of the company.
Kirloskar Brothers Limited (which includes Kirloskar Brothers Ltd, Aban Construction Company, SPP Pumps (UK), Kirloskar Ebara Pumps Ltd, Braybar pumps Ltd, (South Africa)and The Kolhapur Steels Ltd is India’s largest pump manufacturer. Kirloskar Brother produces Centrifugal pumps from 0.1 kW to 26MW with single pumps pumping liquids in excess of 35,000Liters/sec thus producing some of the largest pumps by size and horsepower. Kirloskar Brothers Limited was established in 1888.
KOEL manufactures air-cooled and liquid-cooled diesel engines and generating sets ranging from a power output of 5 kVA to 625 kVA and 1800 kVA to 6300 kVA. They also offer engines operating on alternative fuels such as biodiesel, natural gas, biogas and straight vegetable oil (SVO). Their generating sets are branded as Kirloskar Green Gensets. KOEL also offers customised power solutions including both standby and prime power requirements.
Produces pig iron and grey iron castings for the automotive industry
- Kirloskar Chillers Private Limited
Produces centrifugal chillers from 250 TR to 2400 TR and air-cooled and water-cooled screw chillers from 40 TR to 550 TR for air conditioning and process cooling applications. It also offers products for hot water generation including chillers with desuperheaters & heat pumps. Established in 1995, Kirloskar Chillers is the largest chiller manufacturer in India, and the first to have its products certified under the AHRI 550/590 certification program. The factory at Saswad, near Pune, also has the first AHRI-certified chiller test facility in India. It is also the only Indian company to manufacture centrifugal & screw chillers under one roof.
- Kirloskar Electric Company ( KEC ) made electrical equipment like transformers, generators and motors, etc. It is not part of the Kirloskar Group anymore.
- Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies (KIAMS) was conceived in 1991 as a training institute and a knowledge hub where Kirloskar Group managers taught and learned management. In 1995, the training institute was opened to managers all over the country.
The groups two largest companies, Kirloskar Brothers Limited and Kirloskar Oil Engines Limited, own many patents.
Kirloskar Brothers Ltd created the world’s largest irrigation project which was commissioned in March 2007 ( the Sardar Sarovar Dam project for the Gujarat Government. This was done for Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam, http://www.ssnnl.com/) and on 14 March 2008 commissioned the world’s second largest water supply system with the world’s highest head in Andhra Pradesh. Kirloskar Brothers is associated with India's nuclear program and has made canned motor pumps for pumping heavy water which are deployed at Indian Nuclear Power Plants. Kirloskar Brothers Limited is also a supplier of FM UL certified pumps along with its subsidiary SPP Pumps (UK). It was the first Indian company to get FM certification for its valves. Kirloskar Brothers has a presence is numerous countries including Egypt.
Kirloskar Brothers is also one of the first pump companies to have an all women operated and managed manufacturing plant at Coimbatore.which is the second largest metropolitan city of state Tamil Nadu in India  The company was one of the country's top ten wealth creators in 2007.
- "Website reference - Global Presence (retrieved on 16-Mar-2015 16:37 IST)".
- "Kirloskar Brothers supplies the largest splitcase pump in India". WorldPumps.com. 8 March 2011.
- "Kirloskar Brothers commissions India’s largest concrete volute pumps". WorldPumps.com. 12 April 2011.
- **Sanjay Kirloskar and Alok Kirloskar on NDTV Profit
- "Indian Industrialists". Books.google.co.uk. 1910-03-10. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- "Time Magazine article on Mr S.L. Kirloskar". Time.com. 1964-11-13. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- "Kirloskar Group postage stamp". Indianpost.com. 1989-06-20. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- [dead link]
- "Kirloskar Brothers supplies the largest splitcase pump in India". Worldpumps.com. 2011-03-08. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- "Kirloskar Brothers commissions India’s largest concrete volute pumps". Worldpumps.com. 2011-04-12. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- "History of the pump industry". Worldpumps.com. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- Gouri Athale (2013-03-06). "Kirloskar on Knowledge management systems in The Wall Street Journal". Livemint.com. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- TNN Mar 21, 2008, 12.30am IST (2008-03-21). "Kirloskar Brothers Limited awarded for creating World largest Irrigation scheme, The Sardar Sarovar Narmada Scheme". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- Kirloskar only company in India producing eco friendly canned motor pumps[dead link]
- "Kirloskar Brothers FM UL certification". Machinist.in. 2011-08-30. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- "Kirloskar worldwide presence and history". Businesstoday.intoday.in. 2011-07-10. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- Gouri Agtey Athale, ET Bureau Jan 3, 2012, 06.24AM IST (2012-01-03). "Kirloskar Brothers changing gender dynamics". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- "India's Top 10 Wealth Creators". Us.rediff.com. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- SHRAWAN (2013-05-29). "Annex iv: list of award winners of rajiv gandhi national quality awards" (PDF). http://www.bis.org.in. New Delhi: Bureau of Indian Standards. Retrieved 2014-05-15.