This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Headquarters||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Sanjay Kirloskar (Chairman & MD)|
|Revenue||$700 Million USD|
Number of employees
Kirloskar Brothers Limited (KBL) (BSE: 500241 NSE: KIRLOSBROS) is a pump manufacturing company involved in engineering and manufacture of systems for fluid management. Established in 1888 in Kirloskarvadi and incorporated in 1920, KBL is the flagship company of the $2.5 billion Kirloskar Group. The market leader in fluid management, KBL provides fluid management solutions for large infrastructure projects in the areas of water supply, power plants, irrigation, oil & gas and marine & defence. The company engineers and manufactures industrial & petrochemical, agriculture & domestic pumps, valves and hydro turbines. In 2003 KBL acquired SPP Pumps (UK), United Kingdom and established SPP INC, Atlanta, USA, as a wholly owned subsidiary of SPP, UK and expanded its international presence. In 2007, Kirloskar Brothers International B.V., The Netherlands and Kirloskar Brothers (Thailand) Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary in Thailand were incorporated. In 2008, KBL incorporated Kirloskar Pompen B.V. which acquired Rodelta Pumps International B.V. in 2015 in The Netherlands. In 2010 KBL acquired Braybar Pumps, South Africa and in 2012 it established a manufacturing facility in Egypt as SPP MENA. KBL has joint venture cooperation with Ebara, Japan since 1988 under Kirloskar Ebara Pumps Ltd. Kirloskar is in licensee agreement with Corrocoat, UK since 2006 called Kirloskar corrocoat Pvt.Ltd. KBL acquired The Kolhapur Steel Limited in 2007, Hematic Motors in 2010.
Research and development
KBL invests in resources on research and engineering. This includes sump model studies, intake studies analysis using computational fluid dynamic techniques, surge analysis, cavitation studies, seismic analysis, vibration analysis, and transient analysis. The company has 17 patents since 2006 and presents various technical papers to ASME as well as at Texas A&M University in the United States.
- KBL created the world's largest irrigation project at the time (March 2007). This was the Narmada Project implemented on behalf of the Gujarat Government.
- Kirloskar Brothers has been closely associated with India's nuclear program and has made canned motor pumps for pumping heavy water which are deployed at Indian Nuclear Power Plants.
- KBL is also the first Indian company to get Factory Mutual certification for its valves.
- Kirloskar Brothers has a presence in over 80 countries
- Kirloskar Brothers Ltd is one of the oldest companies in India and was the first engineering company in India to sell products under an Indian brand in the late 1880s.
- Kirloskar Brothers Ltd received the ASME N-STAMP in 2012 and is the first Indian company in rotating equipment to receive this as well as amongst a few companies in the world to have this accreditation
- Kirloskar Brothers Ltd is also one of the first pump companies to have an all women operated and managed manufacturing plant at Coimbatore, which is the second largest metropolitan city of state Tamil Nadu in India 
- KBL also aided the Thai govt in the rescue operation in saving the football team that were trapped in the water filled cave of July month of 2018.
- ^ "Home". spppumps.com.
- ^ "Kirloskar Bros buys Braybar Pumps of S Africa". India Times. 3 May 2010. Retrieved 18 June 2012.
- ^ "Kirloskar Brothers Limited R&D website listing patents and research papers". Archived from the original on 20 December 2011. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- ^ A thirst for knowledge: Alok Kirloskar. Livemint.com. 7 March 2013.
- ^ Kirloskar Brothers Utilize PTC's Pro/Engineer(R). Reuters. 11 August 2008
- ^ PTC's Pro/Engineer Used Indian Irrigation Project. Terradaily.com. August 13, 2008.
- ^ Kirloskar Brothers Presents research Paper at Texas A&M University; lecture 4. turbolab.tamu.edu
- ^ Kirloskar Brothers Limited awarded for creating World largest Irrigation scheme, The Sardar Sarovar Narmada Scheme[dead link]. The Economics Times. 21 March 2008
- ^ Eco-friendly canned motor pumps. projectsmonitor.com Archived 2012-09-07 at archive.today
- ^ Kirloskar pumps in nuclear and overall company details 2006. (PDF) . Retrieved on 2020-01-31.
- ^ Kirloskar pumps for nuclear plants. (PDF) . Retrieved on 2020-01-31.
- ^ Kirloskar Brothers FM UL certification Archived 14 September 2017 at the Wayback Machine. Machinist.in (2011-08-30). Retrieved on 2020-01-31.
- ^ Kirloskar worldwide presence and history. Businesstoday.intoday.in (2011-07-10). Retrieved on 2020-01-31.
- ^ Indian Industrialists. Books.google.com. Retrieved on 2020-01-31.
- ^ Margaret Herdeck; Gita Piramal (1985). India's Industrialists. Lynne Rienner Publishers. pp. 141–. ISBN 978-0-89410-415-2.
- ^ Kirloskar Brothers. Financial Analysts Meet Archived 10 July 2014 at the Wayback Machine. kirloskarpumps.com (2012)
- ^ Kirloskar Brothers changing gender dynamics. The Economics Times. 3 January 2012
- ^ Kirloskar Brothers Ltd produces a pump every 20 seconds at it all women plant. The Economics Times (2013-04-06). Retrieved on 2020-01-31.