0.9.9 / 15 May 2017
|Type||Blog software, Content Management System,|
|License||Apache License 2.0 |
Known is an open source publishing tool designed to provide a way of more easily publishing status updates, blog posts, and photos to a wide range of social media services. It also allows you to keep a copy of the content you publish and post on your own site.
Known is available as installable, open source software and as a hosted platform, similar to WordPress. It is a part of the IndieWeb movement, and is used as a teaching tool in higher education. It also supports multi-user use, and is sometimes considered as an intranet platform.
- v0.9.9 - Derbyshire
- "Homepage-OpenSource". Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Known/LICENSE". Retrieved 28 April 2016.[permanent dead link]
- Finley, Klint. "Out in the Open: A Blogging Tool That Lets You Actually Own What You Post on Facebook". Wired. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- Ingram, Mathew. "IndieWeb advocates launch Known so bloggers can be social and still control their content". GigaOm. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Known". IndieWebCamp. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- Groom, Jim. "Teaching Without WordPress: Exploring the Known World". bavatuesdays. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- Mendelson, Aaron. "Startups pitch their ventures at Matter Three demo day". Knight Blog. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- Holtz, Shel. "Will your intranet get Known?". IntraTeam. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- Self-hosted Known 0.8.5 has left the building - with better indieweb, micropub and AMP support
- Changes by version
|This Web-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|