|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|((approx) 0.4 million (in South Canara and Kodagu))|
|Regions with significant populations|
|Coorg, Dakshina Kannada, Bangalore, Mysore|
|Are Bhashe(dialect of Kannada) and Tulu|
|Related ethnic groups|
|Gowda Vokkaliga (10Kutumba-18Bali/Ghotra), Kodavas, Tuluvas.|
Arebhashe gowdas or Kodagu and Dakshina Kannada Gowdas are a major ethnic group in parts of Dakshina Kannada, like Sullia, Puttur, parts of Bantwal and Belthangadi Taluks, and in parts of Kodagu. They were mostly living in some of these places called as Amara Sulya (Sulya), which was part of Kodagu (Coorg) during Haleri Dynasty of Kodagu, hence the Tulu and Dakshina Kannada Gowdas are also called Kodagu Gowdas (Coorg Gowdas).Guddemane Appayya Gowda, whose family was given lands in Kodagu in 1800, along with others from Kodagu and Kedambadi Rame Gowda from Sullia Dakshina Kannada rebelled against the British and hoisted Jangama (Lingayite monk) Kalyanaswamy's flag in Bavuta Gudde in Mangalore and ruled for 13 days.
- K. G. Bopaiah (Speaker of Legislative Assembly/ Virajpet MLA)
- D. V. Sadananda Gowda (central Railway Minister + 26th Chief Minister of Karnataka + ex-BJP President Karnataka State unit)
- Shobha Karandlaje, BJP Leader and Minister, Government of Karnataka
||This article's list of people may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (June 2017)|
- Guddemane Appayya Gowda (a freedom fighter from Kodagu also called Father of freedom struggle in coorg, during 1834–1837)
- Kedambadi Rama Gowda, the chief of Rebellion from Sullia a supporter of Kalyanaswamy who fought against British Rule during 1834–37
- Shri. Nidyamale Somana, Member, First Lok Sabha (1952–1957), Parliament of India, represented the State of Coorg; MLA (1957–1958), Karnataka State, represented Piriyapatna Constituency
- Dr. Kurunji Venkatramana Gowda, founder president of AOLE, also renowned as "Amara Shilpi of Sullia"
- Baddana Raj Chengappa – Editor-in-Chief, Printer & Publisher, The Tribune; Chandigarh, India.
- Shri Kolambe Puttanna Gowda, who wrote Kaluru Cheluve and an excellent Talamaddale artist
- Kedagadi Guddappa Gowda, finest Yakshagana performer
- N.S.Deviprasad (Sampaje Deviprasad), Film Producer and Cultural activist & Activist for 'Praja Vedike'
- Dr. K.V. Venkataramana, Poet, Reviewer, Translator and Writer
Dr santhosh Guddera ( Guddemane ) is a great grand son of guddera ( Guddemane ) Appaiah gowda a freedom fighter who fought against British and achieved martyrdom. Dr santhosh is a very well known and finest acupuncturist in India. He is a master of naturopathy and Chinese Traditional medicine (TCM). His method of acupuncture is unique and miracles and different from any other acupuncture practitioners in India and abroad. He has treated lacks of people for various elements (not only aches and pain but various internal organ disorders ). He has been treating Indian army in various military establishments throughout India. Lots of celebrities are in his clientele .
Thejas Poonacha CEO, founder at Ecoorg.in Kodagu's first online store
- Deming, Will (2009). "David G Hunter, .Marriage, Celibacy, and Heresy in Ancient Christianity: The Joninianist Controversy. Oxford Early Christian Studies. New York: Oxford University Press, 2007. Xx+316 pp. $99.00 (cloth)". The Journal of Religion. 89 (2): 262. JSTOR 598584. doi:10.1086/598584.
- Karnataka / Madikeri News : Appaiah Gowda's feats to be remembered. The Hindu (2004-10-31). Retrieved on 2016-07-23.
- Karnataka / Madikeri News : Appaiah Gowda memorial to honour freedom fighter. The Hindu (2005-05-19). Retrieved on 2016-07-23.
- Account of an uprising. Deccanherald.com (2013-03-05). Retrieved on 2016-07-23.
- Fate of the insurgents. Deccanherald.com (2013-03-05). Retrieved on 2016-07-23.
- "Front Page : Bopaiah set to be elected Speaker". The Hindu. 2009-12-29. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- S. Rajendran (2011-08-03). "States / Karnataka : Sadananda Gowda chosen leader". The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
-  Archived 3 July 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Karnataka / Madikeri News : Appayya Gowda memorial to honor freedom fighter". The Hindu. 2005-05-19. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- South Kanara, 1799–1860: A Study in Colonial Administration and Regional ... – N. Shyam Bhat – Google Books. Books.google.co.in. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Biographical Sketch Of First Lok Sabha". Parliamentofindia.nic.in. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Kurunji Venkataramana Gowda – What does KVG stand for? Acronyms and abbreviations by the Free Online Dictionary". Acronyms.thefreedictionary.com. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "India Today Blogs". Blogs.intoday.in. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- [dead link]
- "Tiligannadadha Nudivanigalu". Cscsarchive.org:8081. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Karnataka / Mangalore News : Awards for four Yakshagana artistes". The Hindu. 2006-03-13. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Yakshagana". Yakshagana. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Minutes Of Meetings Of The National Commission To Review The Working Of The Constitution". Lawmin.nic.in. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Poet: K. V. Venkataramana – All poems of K. V. Venkataramana". Poemhunter.com. 2007-12-14. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "KODAGU & DAKSHINA KANNADA GOWDAS". By KDKYouthwings. June 2017.