Konrad Tom, circa 1919
|Native name||Konrad Runowiecki|
|Born||April 9, 1887
|Died||August 9, 1957
|Genres||Film and cabaret|
Konrad Tom (April 9, 1887 – August 9, 1957), born Konrad Runowiecki, a Polish Jewish actor, writer, singer and director, born in Warsaw. Wrote song lyrics in Polish and in Yiddish for stage, film and cabaret, including szmonces. His wife was actress Zula Pogorzelska.
"Yiddish talkies were not only comparable to those of the Polish mainstream but were produced by the same people. Indeed, the most successful Yiddish talkies were directed by established industry figures including Waszynski, Ford, Henryk Szaro, Jan Nowina-Przybylski, Leon Trystan, and Konrad Tom."
- Antek policmajster 1935 (with Emanuel Schlechter)
- Ada, to nie wypada 1936
- Bolek i Lolek and Dodek na froncie, 1936, both starred Adolf Dymsza, music Henryk Wars and Walter Dana
- Yidl Mitn Fidl (Judeł gra na skrzypcach), Yiddish, 1936, starring Molly Picon
- Książatko 1937
- A Diplomatic Wife (Dyplomatyczna żona) (1937)
- Adventure in Warsaw (Abenteuer in Warschau) (1937)
- Mamele, Yiddish, 1938, starring Molly Picon, music director Ivo Wesby
- Włóczegi 1939
- Wielka droga 1946
- Kocha, lubi, szanuje (with Emanuel Schlechter, performed by Mieczysław Fogg)
- Nic o tobie nie wiem (with Emanuel Schlechter, music Henryk Wars)
- Zlociste wloski, Tyle milosci performed by Eugeniusz Bodo
- Madame Loulou to music by Harry Waldau
- 1932 – Sto metrów miłości
- 1933 – Jego ekscelencja subiekt
- 1933 – Romeo i Julcia
- 1934 – Co mój mąż robi w nocy?
- 1935 – ABC miłości
- 1935 – Antek policmajster
- 1935 – Wacuś
- 1937 – Pani minister tańczy
- Tomasz Mościcki (October 2010). "Konrad Tom (aktor, piosenkarz, reżyser, dyrektor teatrów)". Baza wiedzy. Muzyka (in Polish). Adam Mickiewicz Institute Culture.pl. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- YIVO Encyclopedia of Jews in Eastern Europe, Volume 1, p. 333
- Konrad Tom at the Internet Movie Database