|• Municipal unit||205 km2 (79 sq mi)|
|Elevation||120 m (390 ft)|
|Highest elevation||533 (Fyllio) m (Bad rounding hereFormatting error: invalid input when rounding ft)|
|• Municipal unit||3,274|
|• Municipal unit density||16/km2 (41/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Krannonas (Greek: Κραννώνας), ancient Crannon (Ancient Greek: Κραννών), is a village and a former municipality in the Larissa regional unit, Thessaly, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Kileler, of which it is a municipal unit. It is located southwest of the regional capital Larissa. In 2001 its population was 104 for the village, 185 for the community and 3,274 for the municipal unit. The seat of the municipality was Agioi Anargyroi. It is located north of Farsala and NNE of Palamas and Karditsa.
The municipal unit boundaries extend as far south as the Fyllio Mountains where its highest point is 533 m, as far north as Koilada and Larissa and as far east as Nikaia. In the west it borders the Karditsa regional unit.
|R: Bull, trident above
IΠ / KPAN
|bronze coin from Krannon struck 400-344 BC.|
The municipal unit Krannonas is subdivided into the following communities (constituent villages in brackets):
- Agioi Anargyroi (Agioi Anargyroi, Mesorrachi)
- Agios Georgios
- Krannonas (Krannonas, Kampos)
- Kyparissos (Kyparissos, Agia Paraskevi)
- Mavrovouni (Mavrovouni, Krya Vrysi)
- Mikro Vouno
- Vounaina (Vounaina, Ano Vounaina)
Krannonas has a church and a square. Its nearest school and high school are in Agioi Anargyroi.
- De Facto Population of Greece Population and Housing Census of March 18th, 2001 (PDF 39&NBSP;MB). National Statistical Service of Greece. 2003.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
|This Thessaly location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|