|Industry||Footwear and Accessories Retailing|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Number of locations
|Rebecca Farrar-Hockley (Creative Director)|
|Products||Kurt Geiger London, KG Kurt Geiger, Miss KG, Carvela and Mini Miss KG|
|Revenue||£260 million (2014)|
Number of employees
The company is named after its Austrian founder, who opened its first shop in London's fashion capital on Bond Street in 1963, and it has been based in London ever since.
After a management buyout in 2008, it was sold by Graphite Capital to the U.S.-based brand management company The Jones Group in 2011. In 2014, the Jones Group was acquired by Sycamore Partners, who spun off Kurt Geiger into its own company.
In 1995 Kurt Geiger introduced a men’s collection designed in London with distinctly British edge worn by actors from Benedict Cumberbatch to Daniel Radcliffe, Channing Tatum and John Boyega.
Kurt Geiger owns three brands Kurt Geiger London, KG Kurt Geiger and Carvela Kurt Geiger, created by its own in-house team.
- "Our History - Kurt Geiger". Retrieved 4 December 2015.
- "About Us". Kurt Geiger. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- Grandhi, K (2015-12-14). "Footwear retailer Kurt Geiger acquired by Cinven from Sycamore Partners". International Business Times. Retrieved 2016-06-21.
- Bawden, Tom; Wood, Zoe (2011-06-02). "Kurt Geiger sale to Jones Group means £20m windfall for shoe chain managers". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "About Us | Kurt Geiger". www.kurtgeiger.com. Retrieved 2017-06-20.
- "Kurt Geiger". The Retail Appointment. Retrieved 2017-06-20.