L. Chris Ross
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 158th district
January 7, 1997 – January 3, 2017
|Preceded by||Joseph Pitts|
|Succeeded by||Eric M Roe|
November 3, 1951 |
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
|Residence||Kennett Square, Pennsylvania|
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
L. Chris Ross (born November 3, 1951) is serving his sixth term as representative of the 158th Legislative District of Pennsylvania, United States. He is Republican Chairman of the House Intergovernmental Affairs Committee and is also a member of the House Environmental Resources and Energy Committee.
Ross' career in public service began shortly after his graduation from college. He worked on the successful campaigns of the late U.S. Sen. John Heinz in 1976 and former Pennsylvania Governor Dick Thornburgh in 1978.
He served seven years as Chairman of the London Grove Township’s Board of Supervisors. Ross was also a former board member of the Upland School, where he chaired the school’s Education Committee and was chairman of the board of directors of the Fairville Early Learning Center (now known as Fairville Friends School).
He also was a business owner of Rox Industries, Inc. prior to his tenure as a state representative.
He is involved in several community groups and organizations, including the Brandywine Conservancy, the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau, and the Pennsylvania Environmental Council, among others.
Ross and his wife reside in Kennett Square and have two children.
- "SESSION OF 1997 - 181ST OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY - No. 1" (PDF). Legislative Journal. Pennsylvania House of Representatives. 1997-01-07.
- "Representative Ross' Web Profile" http://repross.com
- "Smartest Legislators". PoliticsPA. The Publius Group. 2002. Archived from the original on 2002-01-15.
- State Representative Chris Ross official PA House website
- Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus site
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives for the 158th District