|Look up lac in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Lac is a resinous substance produced by insects.
It is also a toponym: the Lac Region and Lac Prefecture are both districts in Chad, the Lac district of Switzerland is in the canton of Fribourg and Lac is the name of a village in Voloiac Commune, Mehedinţi County, Romania.
Lac may also refer to:
- A character in Arthurian romance, father of Erec
- Lac Viet, the ancient people of northern Vietnam, also called Lạc in Vietnamese and Luòyuè in Chinese
- lác, an element in Anglo-Saxon names meaning "fight, play"
- Laç, a city in Albania
- Lac, French for Lake (body of water)
- Lac is a unit in the South Asian numbering system equal to one hundred thousand (100,000)
As an abbreviation it may stand for:
- a standard astronomical constellation abbreviation of Lacerta
- Lac operon, controlling the metabolism of lactose in bacteria such as E. coli
- L.Ac., Licensed Acupuncturist, see Regulation of acupuncture
- Library and Archives Canada
- Longburn Adventist College, a Seventh-day Adventist school near Palmerston North in New Zealand
- Linea Aerea Cuencana, a regional airline operating out of Cuenca, Ecuador
- Location Area Code, a 16-digit fixed length code that identifies the phone's location area within a GSM public land mobile network.
- Liga Antituberculosa Colombiana
- Lakh, a unit in the South Asian numbering system equal to 100,000
- LAC (disambiguation)
- Lack (disambiguation)
- Lak (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Lac.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.