Lake View Plantation, Maine

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Lake View, Maine
Plantation
Location in Piscataquis County and the state of Maine.
Location in Piscataquis County and the state of Maine.
Coordinates: 45°21′46″N 68°53′20″W / 45.36278°N 68.88889°W / 45.36278; -68.88889
Country United States
State Maine
County Piscataquis
Area
 • Total 53.2 sq mi (137.7 km2)
 • Land 41.5 sq mi (107.4 km2)
 • Water 11.7 sq mi (30.3 km2)
Elevation 581 ft (177 m)
Population (2000)
 • Total 43
 • Density 1.0/sq mi (0.4/km2)
Time zone Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
 • Summer (DST) EDT (UTC-4)
Area code(s) 207
FIPS code 23-37970
GNIS feature ID 0582547

Lake View is a plantation in Piscataquis County, Maine, United States. The population was 43 at the 2000 census.

Geography[edit]

According to the United States Census Bureau, the plantation has a total area of 53.2 square miles (138 km2) of which 41.5 square miles (107 km2) is land and 11.7 square miles (30 km2) (22.01%) is water.

Demographics[edit]

Historical population
Census Pop.
1900 173
1910 245 41.6%
1920 368 50.2%
1930 57 −84.5%
1940 70 22.8%
1950 23 −67.1%
1960 18 −21.7%
1970 16 −11.1%
1980 20 25.0%
1990 23 15.0%
2000 43 87.0%
2010 89 107.0%
Est. 2014 87 [1] −2.2%
U.S. Decennial Census[2]

At the 2000 census,[3] there were 43 people, 25 households and 12 families residing in the plantation. The population density was 1.0 per square mile (0.4/km²). There were 425 housing units at an average density of 10.2 per square mile (4.0/km²). The racial makeup of the plantation was 97.67% White, and 2.33% from two or more races.

There were 25 households of which 4.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.0% were married couples living together, and 52.0% were non-families. 40.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 16.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.72 and the average family size was 2.25.

2.3% of the population were under the age of 18, 4.7% from 18 to 24, 25.6% from 25 to 44, 48.8% from 45 to 64, and 18.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 52 years. For every 100 females there were 138.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 133.3 males.

The median household income was $18,125 and the median family income for was $19,375. Males had a median income of $26,250 compared with $13,750 for females. The per capita income for the plantation was $19,403. There were no families and 6.9% of the population living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and 22.2% of those over 64.

References[edit]

External links[edit]

Coordinates: 45°19′24″N 68°55′33″W / 45.32333°N 68.92583°W / 45.32333; -68.92583