LBS Engineering College, Kasaragod
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||"Innovate and Leap Ahead"|
|Type||Public Engineering College|
|Location||Kasaragod, Kerala, India|
|Campus||54-acre (220,000 m2) campus at Povval,Kasaragod|
Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Engineering, Kasaragod (LBSCE) (Malayalam: 'ലാല് ബഹദൂര് ശാസ്ത്രി കോളേജ് ഓഫ് എഞ്ചിനീയറിംഗ്, കാസറഗോഡ് ') is a technical institution situated at Povval village near Cherkkala Junction in Kasaragod, Kerala, India.
L.B.S College of Engineering, Kasaragod was established in 1993 as a self-financing engineering college under the propitious of L.B.S Centre for Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, a government of Kerala undertaking. The chairman of the Governing body is Hon’ble Chief Minister of Kerala and Vice-Chairman is Hon’ble Minister for Education, Govt. of Kerala. The institution is affiliated to Kannur University and is approved by AICTE, New Delhi. The college is accredited by National Board of Accreditation. The Campus is located at Muliyar, about 12 km from Kasaragod railway station, Kerala and 75 km from Mangalore airport, Karnataka. The campus covers 52-acre (210,000 m2) of land.
The college offers regular B.tech degree in
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Information Technology
- M.Tech in Thermal & Fluid Engineering
- Master of Computer Applications
- Undergraduate programmes
The admission for both the merit quota and management quota is purely based on the rank secured in the All Kerala Engineering Entrance Examination conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Govt. of Kerala. The difference between the merit quota and management quota is in the amount of fees that have to be paid by the candidates. 15% of the seats are reserved for NRIs; the admission is based on the merit in the qualifying examination.
Kerala MCA Entrance Examination, conducted by the Office of the Commissioner of Entrance Exams, run by the Government of Kerala.
- Career Guidance and Placement Unit (CGPU)
- Startup Bootcamp
- Campus wide Wireless Network Connectivity
- Central Computation Facility
- An extension counter of Central Bank of India
- Check Dam
- Shajikumar P.V. - Sahitya Academy Award winner
- Unni Koroth - Entrepreneur
- Jude Anthany Joseph - Film Director
Science and technology
- Joseph Korah - Director, Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS)
- Renjith S- Fluid Dynamics Engineer, Tata Technologies (TTL)
- V. Adarsh - Senior Scientist, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- Akhilesh k
- Harikrishna Pai - IPS Officer
- "Official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Exams, Kerala".
- "Official Website for MCA Admission,Kerala.". Archived from the original on 2008-10-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to LBS Engineering College, Kasaragod.|
|This article about a university or college in Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|