Lancaster County Airport
|Lancaster County Airport
|Serves||Lancaster, South Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||486 ft / 148 m|
Lancaster County Airport (ICAO: KLKR, FAA LID: LKR), also known as McWhirter Field, is a county-owned, public-use airport located four nautical miles (7 km) west of the central business district of Lancaster, in Lancaster County, South Carolina, United States.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned LKR by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned LKR to Las Khoreh in Somalia).
Facilities and aircraft
Lancaster County Airport covers an area of 301 acres (122 ha) at an elevation of 486 feet (148 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 6/24 with an asphalt surface measuring 6,004 by 100 feet (1,830 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending July 22, 2009, the airport had 23,850 aircraft operations, an average of 65 per day: 97% general aviation, 2% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 49 single-engine aircraft based at this airport.
Lancaster County Airport is operated by Lancaster Aviation and provides fuel, maintenance and a terminal facility.
- FAA Airport Master Record for LKR ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 11 February 2010.
- "Lancaster County Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KLKR, FAA: LKR)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 22 March 2010.
- "Las Khoreh Airport, Somalia (IATA: LKR)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 22 March 2010.
- Aerial photo as of 20 February 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for LKR, effective June 22, 2017
- Resources for this airport: