|Member of the Ohio Senate
from the 25th district
January 2, 2007 – September 16, 2008
|Preceded by||Eric Fingerhut|
|Succeeded by||Nina Turner|
|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 8th district
February 20, 2002 – December 31, 2006
|Preceded by||Peter Lawson Jones|
|Succeeded by||Armond Budish|
|Spouse(s)||Aisha M. Mason|
Lance T. Mason is a former judge in Ohio for the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas. He was a member of the Ohio Senate, representing the 25th District from 2007 to 2008. From 2002 to 2006, he was a member of the Ohio House of Representatives, where he served as Assistant Minority Whip during his final year. He was also an assistant prosecuting attorney for the county and was an aide to U.S. Representative Stephanie Tubbs Jones. Mason is a Democrat.
On August 2, 2014, Mason was arrested and accused of beating his wife while he was driving and their children were in the backseat. He pleaded guilty on August 13, 2015, to attempted felonious assault and domestic violence, and agreed to serve time in prison. On September 3, the Ohio Supreme Court suspended Mason's from practicing law for being a convicted felon. Mason submitted his resignation as judge on September 15. The next day, he was sentenced to two years in prison. During sentencing, the judge read from a police report which detailed how Mason punched his wife 20 times with his fist, smashed her head against the car's center console five times, and continued to beat her, bite her, and threaten her after she exited the car. As a convicted felon, Mason will never be allowed to serve as a judge in the future, but could practice law depending on the outcome of disciplinary action by the state Supreme Court.
- Fields, Reginald (2008-08-12). "Sen. Lance Mason to become Cuyahoga County Common Pleas judge". The Plain Dealer. Cleveland, Ohio. Retrieved 2009-03-29.
- Shaffer, Cory (August 3, 2014). "Cleveland judge accused of beating wife had 2,500 rounds of ammunition, semi-automatic rifles, sword and smoke grenades in home". The Plain Dealer. Cleveland.com. Retrieved February 7, 2016.
- Tobias, Andrew J. (August 4, 2014). "What you need to know: Judge Lance Mason's arrest on felony domestic violence charge". The Plain Dealer. Cleveland.com. Retrieved February 7, 2016.
- Lieszkovszky, Ida (September 16, 2016). "Former Common Pleas Judge Lance Mason sentenced to 24 months for beating his wife". The Plain Dealer. Cleveland.com. Retrieved February 7, 2016.
- Judge Lance T. Mason of the Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court
- Project Vote Smart - Senator Lance T. Mason (OH) profile
- Follow the Money - Lance T. Mason
|This article about a member of the Ohio State Senate is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|