Lanterns on the Lake
|Lanterns On The Lake|
|Origin||Newcastle-upon-tyne, United Kingdom|
Lanterns On The Lake formed in 2007.
They self-released two EPs and a single before signing to the Bella Union record label in December 2010. Soon after the band provided a track for Bella Union's Christmas 10" EP along with new label mates Peter Broderick and Phil Selway.
The band released their debut album Gracious Tide, Take Me Home on 19 September 2011. The album was recorded by the band in their homes and produced by the band's guitarist Paul Gregory. The album received mainly positive reviews and received a metacritic rating of 74.
The band's follow up album Until The Colours Run was released on 7 October 2013 in UK and Europe. The album was recorded by the band during a time of financial uncertainty and personal problems. The album received positive reviews, receiving a metacritic rating of 84 with many reviewers noting its socio-political undertones. Drowned In Sound declared it "one of the best records of the young decade".
On November 13, 2015 the group released their third album "Beings" worldwide. "Beings" was met with critical acclaim with Drowned In Sound declaring Lanterns On The Lake as ""One of Britain's most crucial bands of the present moment." and DIY Magazine describing the group as "virtually without equal".
In their early years Lanterns On The Lake supported Explosions In The Sky on their UK tour including the O2 Academy, Brixton. The band has also toured with Low, including a performance at the Royal Festival Hall in London  and with Yann Tiersen, including a performance at The Roundhouse 
The group has extensively toured Europe and in early 2014 they embarked on their first tour of the USA 
Following the release of "Beings" Lanterns On The Lake performed their largest hometown concert to date where they were accompanied by Royal Northern Sinfonia.
- Hazel Wilde – vocals, guitar, piano (2007–present)
- Paul Gregory – guitar, backing vocals, producer (2007–present)
- Oliver Ketteringham – drums, piano (2007–present)
- Bob Allan – bass (2014–present)
Live and affiliated members
- Angela Chan - violin, cello, viola (2014–present)
- Sarah Kemp - violin (2008-2014)
- Andrew Scrogham - bass (2012-2014)
- Brendan Sykes - bass (2008-2012)
- Adam Sykes – vocals, guitar, piano (2008-2012)
- Gracious Tide, Take Me Home (September 2011)
- Until The Colours Run (October 2013)
- Beings (November 2015)
- The Starlight (2008)
- Misfortunes and Minor Victories (2009)
- Bonus EP (Rough Trade exclusive released with Gracious Tide, Take Me Home) (2011)
- Low Tide (Remix EP, April 2012)
- "Lungs Quicken" (2010)
- "Keep On Trying" (2011)
- "Another Tale From Another English Town" (2013)
- "Until The Colours Run" (2013)
- "The Buffalo Days" (2013)
- "Faultlines" (2015)
- Contributed to Mojo magazine's Harrison Covered: A Tribute To George Harrison with a cover of The Beatles' "Long, Long, Long". (2011)
- Contributed to Rough Trade's Counter Culture album with the track "Ships In The Rain". (2012) 
- Mews, Thomas (2010-12-10). "Lanterns On The Lake // Sign to Bella Union". Thefourohfive.com. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Music Week". Music Week. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- [dead link]
- O'Brien, Jon. Album review - Lanterns on the Lake: Gracious Tide, Take Me Home at AllMusic. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- [dead link]
- Edwards, David (2011-09-15). "Album Review: Lanterns on the Lake - Gracious Tide, Take Me Home / Releases / Releases // Drowned In Sound". Drownedinsound.com. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Reviews for Gracious Tide, Take Me Home by Lanterns on the Lake". Metacritic.com. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Lanterns On The Lake announce second album: Until The Colours Run". Bella Union. 2013-06-13. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Lanterns On The Lake". Bella Union. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Reviews for Until the Colours Run by Lanterns on the Lake". Metacritic.com. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Review | Lanterns On The Lake ~ Until The Colours Run". GoldFlakePaint.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- Reynolds, Aidan (2013-10-04). "Album Review: Lanterns on the Lake - Until the Colours Run / Releases / Releases // Drowned In Sound". Drownedinsound.com. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Lanterns On The Lake announce third album ‘Beings’ to be released 13th November 2015". Bella Union. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Glastonbury Festival - Lanterns on the Lake". BBC. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Upcoming Events". O2 Academy Brixton. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Lanterns On The Lake to support Low in London - All Tomorrow's Parties". Atpfestival.com. 2012-01-30. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- "Lanterns On The Lake November Tour | News | Clash Magazine". Clashmusic.com. 2015-10-21. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- [dead link]
- "Mojo’s George Harrison Tribute – The Mad Mackerel". Madmackerel.org. 2011-09-24. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- [dead link]