|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Larissa Lam|
|Genres||Dance-pop, R & B, Jazz|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Producer, TV Host|
Larissa Lam is an award-winning singer, songwriter, Chinese American talk show host, music executive, filmmaker, and producer from Diamond Bar, California. She won the 2015 Hollywood Music in Media Award in the Best Dance Song category and the 2015 Akademia Music Award in the Best Dance/Pop song category for her song "I Feel Alive". She was named Best Vocalist of the Month by SingerUniverse Magazine in November 2015. Larissa is one of the hosts for radio advice show, U-Talk Radio.
She released her fourth solo album of 12 original songs, Love and Discovery, on June 16, 2015. She has released three previous solo albums On the Way Up (2001), Thankful to be Live (2003) and Revolutionary (2004). A remix version of Larissa Lam's song, "Breathing More" appears in the video game Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2. She has also composed instrumental music for The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Dr. Oz Show, TLC, and The Daily 10 on the E! Channel.
Larissa is known as the "Singing CFO." She was the former Chief Financial Officer of EDM label, NSOUL Records.
She was a lead singer in the group Nitro Praise which was produced by acclaimed DJ Scott Blackwell. She recorded songs for Nitro Praise 5, Nitro Praise Live! and Nitro Praise Christmas 2. She toured as a member of Nitro Praise alongside Maximillian, JR Barbee and Danielle Pericelli.
Larissa Lam grew up in Diamond Bar, CA. She graduated from UCLA with a degree in business economics.
|Genre||Dance, EDM, Hip-hop, Rock, R&B, Pop|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Official website||LOG Records Website|
Lam is also the founder of her own record label, LOG Records. It was represents artists in the Dance, EDM, Hip-Hop, Rock, Pop and R&B genres.
In 2010, Lam executive produced a hip hop album for Only Won. Only Won and Larissa Lam launched a viral music video title "Cantonese Boy" which was a parody of the Grammy winning song American Boy by Kanye West and Estelle. After being seen performing "Cantonese Boy" in Chinatown, Larissa Lam was asked to perform at the 2010 Green Globe Film Awards as they honored Asians in film and entertainment.
Discography and releases
|1||Larissa Lam||On The Way Up||2001||LP|
|2||Larissa Lam||Thankful to be Live||2003||LP|
|5||Only Won||Lyrical Engineer||2010||LP (Producer)|
|6||Only Won||Crush em Like Godzilla||2011||Single (Producer)|
|7||Only Won||JUN BAY||2012||Single (Producer)|
|8||Larissa Lam||Heading for Sunshine||2012||Single|
|9||Larissa Lam||I Feel Alive||2015||Single|
|10||Larissa Lam||Love & Discovery||2015||LP|
- Engineer (Rocketeer) - Only Won Parody Cover (2013)
- Airplanes - One Truth Cover (July 28, 2010)
- Only Won - The Lyrical Engineer (Jan 1, 2010)
- Beautiful Faith (November 14, 2008)
- On the Way Up (June 5, 2001)
She also appears on Gone - Music from the Motion Picture (2002).
She was one of the original hosts of the talk show, Top 3, which airs on JUCE TV formerly called, JCTV. She co-hosted the show with Rich Wilkerson, Jr., Reba Toney and Preston Pollard. She also starred in Season 1 and 2 on the JCTV reality show, Cruise with a Cause'." She is one of the hosts of UTalk Radio, an advice show for young adults.
In 2015, Lam made her directorial debut and co-produced with a Documentary short titled, "Finding Cleveland" with Only Won. It garnished multiple nominations for Best Documentary. The story started as a journey for Only Won's search for his family roots, but instead of taking him to the far east, it took him into the deep south of Cleveland, MS. While the 12-minute documentary focuses on the family's discoveries about their roots, it also touches on a broader history, such as the treatment of Chinese immigrants in the region and the role the 1882 Chinese Exclusion Act played in that.
- Dance Dance Revolution Universe 2#Songs
- article, Stories. "Team".
- Article, FemMuse. "Making More Money for Musicians".
- 88bar, oneinchpunch. "Cantonese Boy-Parody of American Boy".
- Struck, superstar. "Celebrities and key personalities at the 2010 Green Planet Movie Awards".
- "DANCE/POP ARTIST LARISSA LAM RELEASES "I FEEL ALIVE"" (Press release). Music Industry News Network. May 15, 2015.
- "2015 Summer Quarter Winners". Asians On Film. October 15, 2015.
- "2015 BAAFF Guests and Screenings". Asians On Film.
- "'This is a Story About America': Short Doc Explores Family's Immigration Story". October 21, 2015.
- Sunny Shell Interviews Larissa Lam
- The Official Site Of Larissa Lam
- Review of Larisa Lam's On The Way Up
- Larissa Lam Contemporary Christian Music Magazine
- Larissa Lam: The Revolutionary Singing CFO
- CD Shakedown Review of Larissa Lam's On the Way Up
- Asian Am artist Larissa Lam makes Top 10 of LA radio contest
- Larissa Lam Interview
- Larissa Lam Strips Down for Genghis Cohen
- Official Internet Movie Data Base