|Born||Larry E. Birkhead|
January 22, 1973
Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.
|Residence||Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.|
|Education||Doss High School|
University of Louisville
|Known for||Birkhead paternity case|
|Partner(s)||Anna Nicole Smith|
Larry E. Birkhead (born January 22, 1973) is a former partner of American Playboy model Anna Nicole Smith. He is the father of her daughter Dannielynn Hope Marshall Birkhead. He obtained full custody of his daughter after DNA results proved his paternity in April 2007.
Birkhead, the son of Larry L. Birkhead and Nancy Birkhead, is a native of Louisville, Kentucky. Birkhead has a twin brother Lewis, as well as a sister, Angela Heuser, and a half-sister, Judy Birkhead. He graduated in 1991 from Louisville's Doss High School. He holds a 1999 degree from the University of Louisville. Birkhead and Smith initially met in May 2004 at the Trish Barnstable Brown Gala, one of the major Louisville-area Kentucky Derby parties that attracts many celebrities.
On April 10, 2007, a Bahamian court ruled that DNA testing proved that Larry Birkhead is the father of Dannielynn, the daughter of Anna Nicole Smith. Birkhead resided in Los Angeles, but as of 2015, he has been living with Dannielynn in Prospect, Kentucky.
Larry and Dannielynn participated in several TV shows: Life after Anna on E! Network, Wife Swap, The Millionaire Matchmaker, Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, Inside Edition, Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry, Wendy Williams Show, Steve Harvey, RTL Television.
Claim of paternity
Although several men also claimed paternity, including Howard K. Stern, Mark Hatten, Frédéric Prinz von Anhalt, and Smith's former bodyguard, Alexander Denk, a DNA test provided by Michael L. Baird proved that Birkhead had fathered Smith's infant daughter, then named Dannielynn Hope Marshall Stern. Smith had claimed that her attorney and partner, Stern, was the father.
In April 2007, a Bahamian court ordered custody of Dannielynn to be transferred from Stern to Birkhead, who corrected her birth certificate to show him as father and renamed her Dannielynn Hope Marshall Birkhead. Smith's mother Virgie Arthur filed for the custody of Dannielynn and tried to block Birkhead from leaving the country with the baby. Bahamas judge in the Court of Appeals in Nassau tossed out Virgie Arthur's appeal and ordered her to pay $3000 in attorney's fees.
- Ancestry.com. U.S. Public Records Index database on-line. Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005.
- "Larry Birkhead Biography". biography.com. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- Hill, Bob (April 28, 2007). "Who are these players on the 'A' Team?". The Courier-Journal. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
- "Doss (DHS) Class of 1991 Alumni List". dosshighschool.org. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
- Barrouquere, Brett (May 1, 2007). "Anna Nicole Smith's ex-boyfriend Larry Birkhead arrives in Kentucky with their baby daughter". The Washington Post. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- Fenton, Angie (February 10, 2007). "Larry's last words to Anna". The Courier-Journal. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- "DNA Test: Birkhead Is Dannielynn's Father". People. April 10, 2007. Retrieved April 10, 2007.
- "The Homes of Famous Louisvillians - Larry Birkhead".
- Breuer, Howard (June 7, 2008). "Larry Birkhead Buys House in Kentucky Hometown". People. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- Cogan, Shannon (November 19, 2013). "Larry Birkhead talks about life in Louisville with Dannielynn". WAVE. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- "Anna Nicole Smith's daughter, Dannielynn Birkhead, is all grown up". UPI. May 4, 2015. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- Stone, Gigi (April 10, 2007). "Birkhead's 'I Told You So' Moment". ABC News. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- "Attorney: I'm Anna Nicole's baby's father". CNN. September 27, 2006. Retrieved February 17, 2007.
- "Court Rejects Virgie Arthur's Attempt to Block Birkhead". People.com, April 27, 2007.