Last Flight to Abuja
|Last Flight to Abuja|
|Directed by||Obi Emelonye|
|Music by||Luke Corradine|
|Cinematography||James M. Costello|
|Edited by||Ben Nugent|
Nollywood Film Factory
|Box office||₦57,050,000 (domestic gross)|
This article needs a plot summary. (April 2017)
Last Flight to Abuja is a 2012 Nigerian thriller disaster film written by Tunde Babalola, directed and produced by Obi Emelonye. Starring Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Hakeem Kae-Kazim and Jim Iyke. The film which was shot in Lagos, received 5 nominations at the 2013 Africa Movie Academy Awards and won award for the category best film by an African based abroad.
- Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde - Suzie
- Hakeem Kae-Kazim - Adesola
- Ali Nuhu - Dan
- Jim Iyke - David
- Anthony Monjaro - Aircraft captain
- Uru Eke - Air hostess
- Tila Ben - Passenger
- Jide Kosoko - Chief Nike
- Celine Loader - Captain Seye
- Uche Odoputa - Efe
- Jennifer Oguzie - Yolanda
- Samuel Ajibola -
Last Flight to Abuja was welcomed with mostly mixed reviews from critics. The film was praised for its brilliant Cinematography and Music Score amongst others. Most Critics however cited that; the Computer Generated Imagery and Visual Effects left a lot to be desired. The movie grossed ₦8,350,000 in its opening weekend with an attendance of 9,638, and went ahead to gross ₦24,000,000 in its first week topping the chart in west African cinemas and beating Hollywood blockbusters such as: The Amazing Spider-Man, Think Like a Man, The Avengers and Madagascar 3. It was released in cinemas in many cities, including Lagos and London. The movie was rated '4' in the UK cinemas.
- Kay, Chris (13 August 2013). "Moviemakers Beg Banks for Cash as Nollywood Goes Global". Bloomberg.
- Arogundade, Funsho (16 March 2013). "Emelonye's ' Last Flight To Abuja' Tops AMAA Nominations". pmnewsnigeria.com. Lagos, Nigeria: P.M. News Nigeria. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) Winners 2013". African Movie Academy Award. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- "Full List of Nominees for 2013 African Movie Academy Awards". African Spotlight. Lagos, Nigeria. 18 March 2013. Retrieved 3 June 2013.
- "Nollywood comes of age." Washington Post-Bloomberg at the Oman Tribune.
- "Last Flight to Abuja grosses N8m in the box office". Vanguard Newspaper. Vanguard. 18 August 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Half of a Yellow Sun sets new box office record". Vanguard Newspaper. 6 August 2014. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-08-05. Retrieved 2014-04-23.