Laurent Fressinet at the Alekhine Memorial, 2013
30 November 1981 |
Dax, Landes, France
|FIDE rating||2692 (July 2016)|
|Peak rating||2720 (June 2015)|
Twice runner-up at the European Blitz Championship, in 2006 and 2007, and French Rapid Chess Champion in 2009 and 2011, Fressinet won the last leg of the French Rapid Grand-Prix in Villandry and finished second in the Grand-Prix Final in Ajaccio in 2012.
In October 2015, Fressinet tied for 1st–3rd with P. Harikrishna and Gabriel Sargissian at the 2nd PokerStars Isle of Man International Chess Tournament in Douglas, Isle of Man and won the 4th Anatoly Karpov Trophy rapid tournament in Cap d'Agde by defeating Karpov himself in the final 3-1.
- "Aronian and Gelfand win Alekhine Memorial 2013". ChessBase News. 1 May 2013. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- Friedel, Frederic (2014-05-20). "Fressinet wins 22nd Sigeman Tournament". ChessBase. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
- Crowther, Mark (25 November 2014). "World Chess Championship closing ceremony: Putin speaks and Carlsen receives his prizes". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 24 November 2015.
- "GM Harikrishna wins Isle of Man International on tie-break". Chessdom. 2015-10-13. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- Silver, Albert (1 November 2015). "Cap d'Agde: Laurent Fressinet victorious". ChessBase News. Retrieved 24 November 2015.
- Laurent Fressinet chess games at 365Chess.com
- Laurent Fressinet player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Laurent Fressinet player profile at the Internet Chess Club
- Laurent Fressinet team chess record at OlimpBase
|This biographical article relating to a French chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|