|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Laxton is a village in East Northamptonshire, seven miles (11 km) east of Corby and approximately one mile (1.6 km) west of the A43. At the time of the 2001 census, the parish's population was 160 people, increasing to 234 at the 2011 census.
Since the 1970s there have been Corpus Christi events where a mass usually takes place in the afternoon which is then followed by a procession. In 2009 the mass was conducted by bishop Stanislaw Budzik and the following year by monsignor Stefan Wylezek. There was no event in 2011 but resumed in 2012 on 10 June with Wylezek again presiding. On 2 June 2013 former Primate of Poland Jozef Kowalczyk visited the hall and presided over the Corpus Christi celebrations. The 2014 celebrations were conducted by Cardinal Kazimierz Nycz. Bishop Damian Zimon presided over the 2015 procession; in attendance was Marek Jurek, a former marshal of the sejm as well as a candidate for the polish presidential election, 2010. On 3 June 2018, Stefan Wylezek again presided over the Corpus Christi celebrations.
Laxton Park Cricket Club plays in the Rutland and District Division 5.
- Office for National Statistics: Laxton CP: Parish headcounts. Retrieved 12 November 2009
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Corpus of Romanesque Sculpture
- Pevsner, Nikolaus (1961). The Buildings of England – Northamptonshire. London and New Haven: Yale University Press. pp. 289–290. ISBN 978-0-300-09632-3.
- HousingCare.org > Housing & care homes > Laxton Hall. Retrieved 12 November 2009
- Club website Archived 10 July 2012 at Archive.is
Media related to Laxton, Northamptonshire at Wikimedia Commons
|This Northamptonshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|