Leave It Alone (Operator Please song)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Leave It Alone"|
|Single by Operator Please|
|from the album Yes Yes Vindictive|
19 November 2007|
25 February 2008
|Genre||Rock, alternative rock, Hard rock, Dance|
3:38 (album version)|
3:33 (radio edit)
|Operator Please singles chronology|
"Leave It Alone" is a song by Operator Please and is the third single released from their debut album Yes Yes Vindictive. It was released as the second single from the album in the United Kingdom on 19 November 2007, and as the third single in Australia on 25 February 2008.
The song exists in two versions: one is a radio edit and the other is the album version. Both versions have three choruses but the order they appear in are mixed around between both versions.
The video opens up with all band members playing their instruments in a warehouse. At the beginning of the chorus, the keyboardist, Sarah Gardiner, and the lead singer, Amandah Wilkinson, begin to fight. As Wilkinson hits Gardiner in the mouth, yellow paint pours out of her mouth. The bassist, Ashley McConnell, begins to fight Wilkinson as well during the chorus. Wilkinson wins while green paint pours out of her mouth. For the second chorus the violinist, Taylor Henderson, begins to fight Wilkinson and Henderson punches Wilkinson in the mouth and pink paint pours out of her mouth. Wilkinson then punches Henderson in the mouth and orange blood pours out. During the bridge, it shows various shots of all members getting punched except for Tim Commandeur. Commandeur then uses his crash cymbal from his drum set and uses them as Frisbees and cuts off Henderson's hand and McConnell's foot. He then chucks his drum sticks at Gardiner and they go through her eyes. Wilkinson then rips off Commandeur's arm as blue blood pours out. Henderson then uses her remaining arm to make her violin as a bow and arrow which then stabs Wilkinson in the stomach. For the conclusion of the video, it shows all members dead on the floor.
Amandah - Pink
Sarah - Yellow
Ashley - Green
Taylor - Orange
Timmy - Blue
UK CD single
- "Leave It Alone" (radio edit)
- "Leave It Alone" (album version)
- "Leave It Alone" (live)
- "Leave It Alone" (music video)
- "Crash Tragic"
UK 7" single
- "Leave It Alone" (New Young Pony Club mix) – 4:49
- "Leave It Alone" (David E. Sugar's St. Marks mix) – 4:52
UK iTunes CD single
- "Leave It Alone" (radio edit)
- "Leave It Alone" (New Young Pony Club Mix)
AUS CD single
- "Leave It Alone" (radio edit) – 3:34
- "Leave It Alone" (album version) – 3:41
- "Mister Mister" (live demo) – 2:22
- "Leave It Alone" (New Young Pony Club remix) – 4:49
- "Leave It Alone" (David E. Sugar remix) – 4:52
|Australian Physical Singles (ARIA)||32|
|Australian Artist Singles (ARIA)||14|
- Australian release dates[permanent dead link] Retrieved on 14 February 2008.
- "Leave It Alone" release
- Wallace, Ian (17 March 2008). "Week Commencing ~ 17th March 2008 ~ Issue #942" (PDF). The ARIA Report. Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) (942): 4, 7, 11, 15. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 March 2008. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- UK CD Single
- Operator Please - Leave It Alone Music at JB Hi-Fi Australia