This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Alma mater||KAIST (1995)
Seoul National University (2003)
|Occupation||Professor of management|
|Employer||Kyung Hee University|
|Revised Romanization||Yi Gyeong-jun|
Kyoung Jun Lee is a South Korean management professor. He is a professor of the School of Management at Kyung Hee University, as well as the founder and the director of BMER.net (Business Modeling, Engineering and Renovation Network). He was recently a visiting professor at UC Berkeley from February to August 2010 and a visiting professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, from September 2009 to January 2010.
Lee received B.S. (1990), M.S. (1992), and Ph.D. (1995) in Management Science from KAIST. In addition, he also has a master's degree (2001) in Public Administration of Seoul National University, and finished the Ph.D. course (2003) from the same institution.
- Sep. 1995 – Aug. 1996: Researcher and Lecturer, Graduate School of Management, KAIST
- Sep. 1996 – Aug. 1997. Visiting Scientist, Intelligent Coordination and Logistics Laboratory, Center for Integrated Manufacturing Decision Systems, The Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
- Aug. 1997 – Feb. 1999. Senior Researcher, ICEC (International Center for Electronic Commerce) and Graduate School of Management in KAIST
- Mar. 1999 – May. 2001. Assistant Professor, School of Business, Korea University
- June. 2001 – Dec. 2001: Visiting Professor, Dept. of Industrial Engineering, KAIST
- Mar. 2002 – Aug. 2003: Visiting Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Public Administration, Seoul National University
- Sep. 2003 – Present: Associate Professor, College of Business Administration, Kyung Hee University
- Sep. 2009 – Jan. 2010: Fulbright Visiting Professor, MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Cambridge, United States
He worked as a visiting scientist in the Robotics Institute of Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, United States from 1996 to 1997. He was an assistant professor of School of Business in Korea University from 1999 to 2001. From 2001 to 2003, he joined the Graduate School of Public Administration, Seoul National University as a visiting assistant professor. He won the IAAI (Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence) Awards twice in 1995 and 1997 from the AAAI (Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence).
His research interests are in designing and analyzing business models for commerce, media, and sustainability. He has dozens of patents, approved or pending, and published papers in Decision Support Systems, Organizational Computing & Electronic Commerce, Electronic Markets, AI Magazine, Electronic Commerce: Research & Applications, European Journal on Operational Research, Expert Systems with Applications, and Connections etc.
He has been involved in founding and advising Internet start-ups in South Korea, such as Cyworld(acquired by SK Communications), OneQ.com (acquired by Naver), Mobilians.co.kr (the top phone-based Internet payment company in South Korea), and FNBC (acquired by Galaxia Communications) etc. He is currently a non-executive director of YES24.com, a South Korean online bookseller.
He has been also closely working with incumbent companies such as SKT(SK Telecom), BC Card, NHN (The top Internet Company in South Korea), Samsung, KT (Korea Telecom), TU Media, and KTO (Korea Tourism Organization) etc. for developing new business models, business design methodology, and strategy. He is also an International Advisory Committee members of Contraco, the global consulting company and a vice Director of ICEC (International Center for Electronic Commerce, http://icec.net).
He has been serving public sectors as:
- Editor of Korea Internet White Paper, Ministry of Knowledge Economy, 2001 –
- Committee Member of Korea E-Business Index, Ministry of Knowledge Economy, 2002 –
- Committee Member of E-Government Service Evaluation, Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs, 2003.
- Committee Member of Proportional Representation Nomination, The URI Party, 2004.
- Advisory Committee Member of Citizen ID Card Development Research Project, Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs, 2005 –
- Advisory Committee Member of Government Information Sharing Project, Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs, 2005 –
Co-authored by Kyoung Jun Lee, in Korean:
- Lee et al., We are going to Microsociety, Woongjin Wings, 2008.
- Cho, W., Lee, K., Lee, H., Kwon, O., Kim, K., and Lee, E., Ubiquitous Paradigm and u-Society, Jinhan M&B, 2006.
- Lee, J. K., Lee, K. J., and Kim, W. J. (eds.), Principles of Electronic Commerce Pubyoung Publishing, 2nd ed, 1999 and 4th ed., 2006.
- Suh, Y., Park, J., Kim, J., Lee, K. & Kim, K., Management Information Systems, Hankyung Publishing, 2004.
- Lee, K., e-Business Dictionary, MOCIE/KIEC, 2004.
- Lee, K., Business Models, Pubyoung, (Forthcoming).
- Lee, J. K. and Lee, K. J. (eds.), Electronic Commerce and Channel Revolution, Pubyoung Publishing, 2000.
- Lee, K. J., Infomediation and Electronic Commerce (Korean Translation of Net Worth authored by Hagel III and Singer), 2000.
- Cho, N. and Lee, K. J., Korean Translation of Internet Business Models and Strategies by Afuah & Tucci, 2001.
Approved or pending:
- Method for providing information of manufactured goods to mobile communication apparatus having RFID module and record readable medium thereof),10-2005-0089455
- Method for E-commerce and recordable readable medium thereof, 10-2005-105188
- Method and system for providing dynamic insurance, 2008-05-15, 10-2008-0045196
- Method for providing SNS service using electronic name card, 2008-05-15, 10-2008-0045197
He has been Area Editor & Editorial Board Member of Electronic Commerce Research & Applications (An SSCI Journal), 2003–2008, and Vice President, Korean Intelligent Information Systems Society, 2004-2008.
- Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence Award, 1995, Montreal, Canada (the paper "DAS: Intelligent Scheduling Systems for Shipbuilding" coauthored with Jae Kyu Lee et al.) awarded from American Association for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence Award, 1997, Providence, Rhode Island, USA (the paper "Case and Constraint-Based Apartment Construction Project Planning System: FASTrak-APT", coauthored with Hyun Woo Kim, Jae Kyu Lee et al.) awarded from American Association for Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- Best Paper Award, 2008. 2008 Spring Kore Management Information Systems Conference, Seoul, South Korea, June, 2008.
- Special Award in RFID/USN Research Paper Competition, RFID/USN Association, 2008.