|Revised Romanization||I Sang-deuk|
Lee Sang-deuk (born November 29, 1935) is a South Korean politician and businessperson. He is well known as the older brother of the former South Korean president, Lee Myung-bak. He was a member of the conservative Saenuri Party in the National Assembly. He was convicted of bribery in 2013, and is currently serving a one-year prison sentence.
- He is alleged to be the ringleader of the illegal political-level investigation towards civilian institutions and individuals by the ruling party, the Grand National Party.
- During the controversial passing of the year 2011 budget bill, he is alleged to obtain an unusually enormous funding for his representative area, Pohang. Political critics call this act a capitalization of "big brother" budget due to his close kinship ties with Lee Myung-bak. Democratic Party assembly leader, Park Ji-weon, criticized this act as contributing to the unbalanced and unfair budget distribution all across South Korea.
- He was criticized for making a jingoistic suggestion about marking the Taegeuk symbol on the food supplies for the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami victims.
- He possessed a piece of land in secret between 1995 and 2003 under secret deal with Samho, a Korean company, and the National Intelligence Service.
Allegations of bribery
- A personal aide of Lee Sang-deuk was arrested for receiving briberies that involved Lee Kuk-chul, chairman of the shipbuilding company, SLS Group.
- Lee later declared that the 700 million won in secretary's bank account is officially under his ownership.
- Court commutes prison term of ex-president Lee's brother, accessed Aug. 5, 2013
- "이상득 의원이 몸통"…사찰 배후론 갈등 격화 2010-09-01 SBS News
- 민주 "형님예산 챙기느라 충청도 따돌려" 2010-12-15 NoCut News
- "日에 '태극마크 생수' 보내자" 이상득 발언 논란. Hankook Ilbo (in Korean). 2011-03-15. Retrieved 2011-04-17.
- Kim (김), Ji-yeong (지영); Cho Hyeon-ju (조현주) (2011-11-16). 이상득, 내곡동 땅 국정원에 팔았다. Sisa Journal (in Korean). Retrieved 2011-11-20.
- Ji (지), Ho-il (호일) (2011-12-08). "[단독] 한나라당 이상득 의원 보좌관 체포". Kuki News (in Korean). Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- Kim (김), Seung-uk (승욱) (2011-12-10). 이상득의원 보좌관 영장…저축銀 돈 수수. Yonhap News (in Korean). Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- Bae, Ji-sook (2012-02-02). "Rep. Lee says funds in aide's account his". Korean Herald. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- (Korean) Lee Sang-deuk's Homepage