|Leiopotherapon plumbeus being sold in a Philippine market.|
4, see text
Leiopotherapon is a genus of fish in the family Terapontidae, the grunters. Three species are endemic to Australia, while L. plumbeus is from the Philippines. They are mainly found in freshwater, although H. unicolor also occurs in desert lakes with higher salinity.
- Leiopotherapon aheneus (Mees, 1963) - Fortescue grunter
- Leiopotherapon macrolepis (Vari, 1978) - large-scale grunter
- Leiopotherapon plumbeus (Kner, 1864) - silver perch
- Leiopotherapon unicolor (Günther, 1859) - spangled grunter, spangled perch
- Froese, R. and D. Pauly, Eds. Leiopotherapon. FishBase. 2013.
|This Perciformes article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|