Levi R. Kelley
Levi Ray Kelley was born in Malone, New York on January 26, 1899, and his family moved to Montpelier, Vermont in 1902. Kelley attended the public schools of Montpelier, and graduated from Montpelier High School in 1917.
On June 23, 1917, Kelley joined the United States Army for World War I. He completed quartermaster training at Camp Jackson, South Carolina, and was promoted through the ranks to the grade of sergeant. He began officer training school at Camp Gordon, Georgia, but was discharged on November 30, 1918, shortly after the end of the war.
In 1924 Kelley began to work in the office of the Vermont State Treasurer. In 1926 he was appointed Assistant State Treasurer. In 1931 he was appointed Deputy State Treasurer.
Kelley was elected Vermont State Treasurer in 1942. He served from 1943 to 1949, when he resigned.
- Vermont Legislative Directory. Montpelier, VT: Vermont Secretary of State. 1947. p. 593.
- State, Vermont Office of Secretary of (1921). Vermont Legislative Directory.
- Johnson, Herbert T. (1927). Roster of Vermont Men and Women in the World War. Rutland, VT: The Tuttle Company. p. 682. (Subscription required (help)).
- "Levi R. Kelley, Former State Treasurer, Dies". St. Albans Messenger. St. Albans, VT. February 15, 1967. p. 3. (Subscription required (help)).
- Downs, Winfield Scott (1968). Encyclopedia of American Biography. 38. Chicago, IL: American Historical Society. pp. 7–8.
- "State of Vermont: State Treasurers, 1778-2012". Clerk of the Vermont House of Representatives. Montpelier, VT: Vermont House of Representatives. 2012.
- The University of Vermont Bulletin (PDF). Burlington, VT: University of Vermont. April 15, 1958. p. 163.
- "Vermont Death Records, 1909-2008, entry for Levi R. Kelley". Ancestry.com. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, LLC. February 14, 1967. (Subscription required (help)).
- "Funeral Services, Levi R. Kelley". St. Albans Messenger. St. Albans, VT. February 20, 1967. p. 3. (Subscription required (help)).
Thomas H. Cave
| Vermont State Treasurer
George H. Amidon