Levi van Veluw
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Levi van Veluw|
|Born||1985 (age 31–32)
|Education||Artez Institute of the Arts|
|Known for||Performance art, photography|
Early life and education
Levi van Veluw has produced multi-disciplinary works that includes photographs, videos, sculptures, installations and drawings.
The artist first became known in 2008 with his solo exhibition Landscapes at Galerie Ron Mandos in Amsterdam. This coincided with him being awarded the International Photo Award in New York for the photo series "Ballpoints", and the selection of one of his video works for the Whitstable Biennale UK.
In 2010, the work of the artist was showcased in a series of major museum exhibitions, including the exhibition "Dead or Alive" at the Museum of Arts and Design in New York, Marres House for contemporary Culture Maastricht, Ars Electronica in Linz, Centre of Contemporary Art, Torun, Poland.
In addition to his work in his individual practice, Levi van Veluw has also worked on commissions for private clients. In this way, he has collaborated, in 2012, with director of the Zeitz MoCAA Marc Coetzee on the film "Family" in the frame of the Films4peace project. In 2014, van Veluw created for Hermès a life-sized site-specific installation for one of their main window in Shanghai.
Van Veluw's works have also been widely shown at international art fairs such as, among others, The Armory Show New York, Art Brussels, Volta Basel, and Barcelona Loop.
Van Veluw is the recipient of the Photographer of the Year Award at the IPA International Photo Awards in the U.S.,. as well as the winner of the public prize De Volkskrant Beeldende Kunst prijs at the Stedelijk Museum Schiedam
- [clarification needed] José Ángel Montañés, José Ángel (4 November 2010). "La fotografía emergente de Talent Latent – Tarragona celebra su cita bianual con las imágenes con 13 exposiciones repartidas por toda la ciudad". El País. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- Staff (27 January 2012). "Pictured: Sculpture, Photography, Self-Portrait And Installation Art In One: Meet Levi Van Veluw, If You Can Spot Him...". Huffington Post. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- Staff (14 February 2012). "Pictured: Levi van Veluw, Origin of the Beginning". Designboom. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Angier, Natalie (3 May 2010). "Of Compost, Molecules and Insects, Art Is Born". The New York Times. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "Kunstuur kijk je op npo.nl". www.npo.nl. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- "levi van veluw's experiential labyrinth questions the relativity of matter". designboom | architecture & design magazine. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- "Ars Electronica Archive". 184.108.40.206. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- "COCA Torun Poland" Accessed 14 February 2012.
- "levi van veluw crafts wood veneer display for Hermès, shanghai". designboom | architecture & design magazine. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- "The 6 Million Dollar Story • Levi Van Veluw and his stunning wood based display for Hermès Shanghai". The 6 Million Dollar Story. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- alessandroformigoni.com, antoniosalzano.it,. "Shop-window Art, LEVI VAN VELUW CREATES HERMES… | RECA GROUP". www.recagroup.com. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- "International Photo awards" Accessed 14 February 2012.
- Staff (4 March 2009). "Pictured: The Dutch Artist with a True Head for Art Complete with Pebbles, Carpet and Wood". Daily Mail. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- Pontzen, Rutger. "Levi van Veluw uitgeroepen tot publieksfavoriet | Beeldende Kunst | de Volkskrant". De Volkskrant (in Dutch). Retrieved 2016-04-02.