Like Wow – Wipeout
|"Like Wow – Wipeout"|
|Single by Hoodoo Gurus|
|from the album Mars Needs Guitars!|
|A-side||"Like Wow – Wipeout!"|
|B-side||"Bring the Hoodoo Down"|
|Released||October, 1985 (Australia)|
|Label||Big Time (Australia)|
|Hoodoo Gurus singles chronology|
"Like Wow – Wipeout" is a song written by Dave Faulkner and recorded by Australian rock group Hoodoo Gurus for their album Mars Needs Guitars!. As a single, it was released on Big Time Records in October 1985 and reached #28 on the Melbourne record chart.
The B side of the single, "Bring the Hoodoo Down", was also written by Faulkner. It had already been released as a B side on the United Kingdom 12" single for "Bittersweet".
"... was only recorded as a b-side but producer Charles Fisher thought it "had something" and should be included on the album. No-one was more surprised than us when it became the second single and our biggest hit at the time. We just liked it because it was noisy." - Dave Faulkner.
- "Like Wow – Wipeout!" (Dave Faulkner) — 3:09
- "Bring the Hoodoo Down" (Dave Faulkner) — 3:01
- James Baker — drums
- Clyde Bramley — bass, backing vocals
- Dave Faulkner — lead vocals (track A), guitar
- Mark Kingsmill — drums, cymbals
- Brad Shepherd — guitar, lead vocals (track B), harmonica
- Producer — Charles Fisher
- Engineer — John Bee
- Mastering — Don Bartley
- "Australasian Performing Right Association". APRA. Archived from the original on 2008-05-05. Retrieved 2007-12-18.
- Guest, Thomas J. (1991). Thirty Years of Hits. Collingwood, Melbourne: M. J. Maloney. ISBN 0-646-04633-0.
- Faulkner, Dave (June 2000). "Pop and punishment". juliat. Archived from the original on 2007-08-08. Retrieved 2007-12-18.
- "Discogs entry on Mars Needs Guitars!". Retrieved 2007-12-18.