Lima Central Catholic High School
|Lima Central Catholic High School|
|720 South Cable Road
Lima, Ohio, (Allen County) 45805
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|School district||Roman Catholic Diocese of Toledo|
|Student to teacher ratio||14:1|
|Color(s)||Scarlet and Turquoise|
|Teams||Basketball, Football, Baseball, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Wrestling, Track, Softball, Tennis, Volley Ball, Cross Country, Swimming, Cheerleading.|
|Rival||Ottawa-Glandorf HS (basketball)|
|Website||LCC school website|
Lima Central Catholic High School is located in Lima Ohio. LCC, short for Lima Central Catholic, is a private, parochial school with the capacity to hold over six-hundred and fifty students. Enrollment has remained around four-hundred students for a number of years. It is part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Toledo.
The current school building was built in 1960. Before then, the school was housed in two of the elementary schools St. Rose and St. Gerard as two different high schools. In 1959, with the collaboration of St. Rose, St. Gerard, St. John's and St. Charles elementary schools, Bishop George J. Rehring began construction of the current school building.
In 1960, the school opened its doors in the new building with Fr. Herr (pronounced her) as its first principal. In 1962, two wings were added to the building. Fr. Herr, who received the title of Monsignor in 1963, held the position of principal until the 1980s and was succeeded by Daniel Rupert until 1997. In 1998, Fr. Dennis Hardigan became the pastor/president of LCC. Under his guidance, a new Science and Technology Center was built in 2002 and a new Athletic and Convocation Center in 2003. In 2004, Fr. Todd Dominique was named pastor/president. In 2006, Mr. Richard Mitterholzer was named the new principal. Mr. Mitterholzer resigned from his position in 2011. Mr. Walter Klimaski was named the new President of Lima Central Catholic during the summer of 2011.
Lima Central Catholic is fed in by three Catholic city grade schools. St. Rose, St. Gerard and St. Charles. Each grade school consists of grades Pre-8th. The three grade schools come together to make the Junior High Lima Central Catholic Athletic teams, which have not been in a conference since 2011 when they were voted out of the NWC over being accused of recruiting talent from the local junior high schools.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- * Won by St. Rose High School prior to consolidation into Lima Central Catholic. St. Rose is now an elementary school only.
Individual State Champions
- Golf (2) - Steve Mulcahy 1985 (Class AA), Paul Marshall 2004 (Division III)
- Track & Field (Boys) (12) - 4 × 100 m Relay 1989 (Shane Foster, Anthony Hutchins, Shawn Foster, Travis Merry), Scott Thompson 1991 (110m Hurdles), 4 × 100 m Relay 1997 (Louis Jennings, Jason Potts, Andre Manley, Charles Barnett), MyKale Rogers 2011 & 2012 & 2013 (Long Jump), 4 × 100 m Relay & 4 × 200 m Relay 2013 (Nick Taflinger, Darius West, Jamir Coleman, MyKale Rogers), Jamir Coleman 2014 (Long Jump) 4 × 200 m Relay 2014 (Dmitri Floyd, Jamir Coleman, MyKale Rogers, Scott Willeke) Jamir Coleman 2014 (100m Dash), Jamir Coleman 2014 (200m Dash)
- Wrestling (2) - David Wellmeier 1992 (145lb), Jim Kessen 1996 (135 lb)
- Track & Field (Girls) (1) - Katie Christoff 1999 (100m Hurdles)
Thomas Lynch (Rear Admiral United States Navy) Jim Lynch (Notre Dame, KC Chiefs 1969 Super Bowl IV Champs)