Lionel John Kearns (born February 16, 1937) is a Canadian poet and teacher.
Kearns was born in Nelson, British Columbia, and attended the University of British Columbia, where he was a student of Earle Birney. He later taught at Simon Fraser University.
- Songs of Circumstance - 1963
- Pointing - 1967
- By the Light of the Silvery Mclune - 1969
- Practising Up to Be Human - 1978
- Ignoring the Bomb - 1982
- Convergences - 1984
- Foreign Aid
- Jim Andrews, On Lionel Kearns: A binary meditation on or contemporary wreading of the work of Lionel Kearns (2004).
- Lianne Moyes, "Dialoguing the Monologue of History and Lyric: Lionel Kearns' Convergences", Open Letter 7, 5 (Summer 1989),15-27.
- Manina Jones, "Log Entries: Exploring discursive space in Lionel Kearns Convergences", in Douglas Barber, ed., Beyond Tish'. (1991)