Lisa Williams (poet)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lisa Williams (born 1966) is an American poet.
Her work has appeared in The Southwest Review, Poetry, Raritan, The Cincinnati Review, Virginia Quarterly Review, Poetry Daily, and The Hollins Critic.
- 2007 Barnard Women Poets Prize, for Woman Reading to the Sea, selected by Joyce Carol Oates
- May Swenson Poetry Award, for The Hammered Dulcimer
- 2004 Rome Prize in Literature by the American Academy of Arts and Letters
- "Geometry"; "Farthest Flame", The Anthony Hecht Poetry Prize 2006
- "Stemming from Stevens". Poetry. February 2008.
- "Melt". The Missouri Review. Spring 2009.
- Woman Reading to the Sea. W.W. Norton & Co. 2008. ISBN 978-0-393-06643-2.
- The Hammered Dulcimer. Utah State University Press. 1998. ISBN 978-0-87421-249-5.
- David Lehman, ed. (2008). "On Not Using the Word "Cunt" in a Poem". The Best American Erotic Poems: 1800 to Present. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 978-1-4165-3746-5.