List of high commissioners of the United Kingdom to New Zealand
Countries belonging to the Commonwealth of Nations typically exchange high commissioners, rather than ambassadors. Though there are a few technical differences, they are in practice one and the same office.
Since 1970, the British high commissioner to New Zealand doubles as the (non-resident) governor of the Pitcairn Islands, a British Overseas Territory; the High Commissioner also serves as the British high commissioner to Samoa.
The following persons have served as British High Commissioner to New Zealand since 1939:
- Sir Harry Batterbee GCMG KCVO MA (1939–1945)
- Sir Patrick Duff KCB KCVO (1945–1949)
- Sir Roy Price KCMG (1949–1953)
- General Sir Geoffrey Scoones KCB, KBE, CSI, DSO, MC (1953–1957)
- Sir George Mallaby KCMG OBE (1957–1959)
- The Hon. Sir Francis Cumming-Bruce KCMG (1959–1963)
- Sir Arthur Galsworthy KCMG (1969–1973)
- Sir David Aubrey Scott KCMG OBE (1973–1975)
- Sir Harold Smedley KCMG MBE (1976–1980)
- Sir Richard Stratton KCMG (1980–1984)
- Terence Daniel O'Leary CMG (1984–1987)
- Robin Byatt CMG (1987–1990)
- David Moss (1990–1994)
- Robert Alston CMG QSO (1994–1998)
- Martin Williams (1998–2001)
- Richard Fell CVO (2001–2006)
- The Hon. George Fergusson (2006–2010)
- Vicki Treadell CMG MVO (2010–2014)
- Jonathan Sinclair LVO (2014–present[update])
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office (2002-02-18). "Change of High Commissioner to New Zealand". Press release. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office (2008-02-08). "Change of High Commissioner to New Zealand". Press release. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office (2009-09-10). "Change of High Commissioner to New Zealand". Press release. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- "Jonathan Sinclair LVO, British High Commissioner to New Zealand". gov.uk.
- UK and New Zealand, gov.uk