List of Nathan for You episodes
Nathan for You is an American docu-reality comedy television series starring Canadian comedian Nathan Fielder. The series was co-created by Fielder and premiered on February 28, 2013 on the American cable television network Comedy Central. In the series, Fielder plays an off-kilter version of himself, who tries to use his business background and life experiences to help struggling companies and people, offering them sometimes-outlandish strategies.
As of November 9, 2017, 32 episodes of Nathan for You have aired. On October 17th, 2018, Comedy Central announced the show will not return for a fifth season.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||8||February 28, 2013||April 18, 2013|
|2||8||July 1, 2014||August 19, 2014|
|3||8||October 15, 2015||December 10, 2015|
|Special||September 21, 2017|
|4||7||September 28, 2017||November 9, 2017|
Season 1 (2013)
|Title||Original air date||Prod.|
|1||1||"Yogurt Shop / Pizzeria"||February 28, 2013||101||0.35|
|Nathan introduces a "buzzworthy" poo flavor at a frozen yogurt shop; Nathan has a pizzeria give away free pizzas if they do not deliver within 8 minutes, but with a major catch; Nathan attends three job interviews.|
|2||2||"Santa / Petting Zoo"||March 7, 2013||102||0.57|
|Nathan tries to have a Santa do photos at a mall during the summer, but his plot is complicated by the Santa having a criminal record; Nathan attempts to promote a petting zoo by recording a viral video of a pig supposedly rescuing a goat stuck in a pond; Nathan attempts to lure a graffiti artist so he can expose him to his parents.|
|3||3||"Clothing Store / Restaurant"||March 14, 2013||104||0.42|
|Nathan has a clothing store allow "attractive" customers to shoplift a single item, if they promise to promote the store to a friend; Nathan has a restaurant make their bathrooms available to non-customers, but installs screens in the stalls to play advertising for the restaurant.|
|4||4||"Gas Station / Caricature Artist"||March 21, 2013||103||0.39|
|Nathan offers a rebate at a gas station that is impossible to claim. Nathan helps a fledgling caricature artist by encouraging him to draw offensive images of beachgoers.|
|5||5||"Haunted House / The Hunk"||March 28, 2013||107||0.46|
Nathan makes a haunted house scarier by convincing visitors that they had contracted an airborne disease; Nathan tries to become less awkward around women by dating several of them at once on a fake reality show.|
Note: This episode also aired as a special "Sneak Peek" after Workaholics on March 13, 2013.
|6||6||"Funeral Home / Burger Joint / Skydiving"||April 4, 2013||106||0.44|
|Nathan has a funeral home offer extras to attend the funerals of the "friendless"; a burger joint offers $100 to customers who don't think their hamburgers are the best in Los Angeles; Nathan attempts to go skydiving.|
|7||7||"The Claw of Shame"||April 11, 2013||105||0.51|
|Nathan highlights failed ideas from the first season (including a video for children whose pets have died), and attempts to escape from handcuffs before a robotic arm pulls his pants and underpants down in front of a group of children (and a police officer arrests him for indecent exposure).|
|8||8||"Private Investigator / Taxi Company"||April 18, 2013||108||0.45|
|Nathan tries to elude a private investigator with several dissimilar "lookalikes"; a taxi service arranges for customers to have options in regard to which topics to talk about with their driver; Nathan helps organize a blind date, but is forced to include product placement for Quiznos.|
Season 2 (2014)
|Title||Original air date||Prod.|
|9||1||"Mechanic / Realtor"||July 1, 2014||201||0.71|
|Nathan works with an auto mechanic by allowing customers to ask for realistic pricing estimates; Nathan tries to rebrand a realtor as the ghost realtor, who guarantees that all of the properties that she sells are ghost-free.|
|10||2||"Souvenir Shop / E.L.A.I.F.F."||July 8, 2014||202||0.51|
Nathan helps a Hollywood souvenir shop attract business by inviting people to play "paying customers" as extras in a film, but realizes he actually has to make the film or else it will be fraud. Nathan organizes the "Eastern Los Angeles International Film Festival" to give his "film" credibility.Note: This episode was made available for streaming via the Comedy Central app on iOS devices a week before release.
|11||3||"Pet Store / Maid Service"||July 15, 2014||203||0.68|
Nathan places an ad for a pet store on a huge gravestone (ostensibly for his pet fly) in a pet cemetery; a maid service speeds up its service by having 40 workers clean a house at once; Nathan attempts to improve his personality with the help of a focus group.Note: This episode was made available for streaming via the Comedy Central app on iOS devices a week before release.
|12||4||"Liquor Store / Exterminator / Car Wash"||July 22, 2014||204||0.60|
Nathan lets minors pre-order alcohol from a liquor store so they can pick it up once they reach legal drinking age; Nathan re-brands a pest control business as the "Hotel Excellence Awards" so they can perform their job discreetly; Nathan puts pooping birds on a tree overhanging a street near a car wash, so it can advertise a "Bird Droppings Special".
Note: This episode was made available for streaming via the Comedy Central app on iOS devices a week before release.
|13||5||"Dumb Starbucks"||July 29, 2014||205||0.80|
|Nathan helps a struggling coffee shop by re-branding it as a parody of Starbucks.|
|14||6||"Daddy's Watching / Party Planner"||August 5, 2014||206||0.59|
|Nathan helps a dating website attract female users; Nathan tries having a party planner offer to filter unwanted guests by having their invitations register as spam e-mails.|
|15||7||"Taxi Service / Hot Dog Stand"||August 12, 2014||TBA||N/A|
|Nathan has a taxi company attempt to deliver a baby inside one of their cars; Nathan has a hot dog stand allow customers to cut in line if they are legitimately in a hurry.|
|16||8||"Toy Company / Movie Theatre"||August 19, 2014||TBA||N/A|
|Nathan shows a toy company how to market to children; a movie theater implements a no-sharing policy; Nathan tries to get a security guard from the first season his own reality TV show.|
Season 3 (2015)
|Title||Original air date||Prod.|
|17||1||"Electronics Store"||October 15, 2015||301||0.23|
|Nathan tries to help a struggling electronics store by advertising TVs at an extremely low price (and making it extremely difficult, but not impossible, to claim the deal), and instigating a legal battle against Best Buy when it refuses to honor the deal through price matching.|
|18||2||"Horseback Riding / Man Zone"||October 22, 2015||302||0.28|
|Nathan comes up with a way for a ranch to accommodate overweight riders; a women's boutique attempts to appease male customers by creating a "Man Zone"; after discovering that the maker of his jacket had published a tribute to alleged Holocaust denier Doug Collins in its catalog, Nathan starts a holocaust awareness-themed clothing company of his own, Summit Ice Apparel.|
|19||3||"The Movement"||October 29, 2015||304||0.34|
|Nathan provides a moving company with free labor by developing an exercising fad known as "The Movement".|
|20||4||"Sporting Goods Store / Antique Shop"||November 5, 2015||303||0.43|
|Nathan helps a struggling sporting goods store by recruiting promising young athletes to endorse the brand; Nathan has an antique shop stay open 24/7 to induce violations of a "you break it, you buy it" rule by customers coming from nearby bars.|
|21||5||"Smokers Allowed"||November 12, 2015||305||0.37|
|Nathan discovers he can allow smoking at a bar if he presents it as a "play" to an audience of two; Nathan stages a re-creation of the scenes as an actual performance to give it legitimacy.|
|22||6||"Hotel / Travel Agent"||November 19, 2015||306||0.39|
|Nathan develops a way to shield kids from seeing their parents having sex in the hotel room while on a family vacation; Nathan has a travel agent offer funeral services to profit from her elderly customers; Nathan shares his solution for never being late.|
|23||7||"Nail Salon / Fun"||December 3, 2015||307||0.38|
|A plan to protect women's nail polish from chipping goes awry, and Nathan addresses his worst personality flaw.|
|24||8||"The Hero"||December 10, 2015||308||0.41|
|Nathan impersonates another person in an effort to turn them into a humanitarian hero.|
|No.||Title||Original air date||US viewers|
|25||"A Celebration"||September 21, 2017||0.21|
|In a special episode hosted by Anthony Napoli, Nathan checks in with former guests of the show, including Brian Wolfe and the Ghost Realtor.|
Season 4 (2017)
|Title ||Original air date||Prod.|
|26||1||"The Richards Tip"||September 28, 2017||401||0.29|
|Nathan helps a small-town diner by suggesting that Michael Richards had left a $10,000 tip at it.|
|27||2||"Chili Shop / Massage Parlor"||October 5, 2017||402||0.331|
|Nathan helps a chili selling business by infiltrating a sports stadium to sell it, hidden underneath a body suit. Nathan helps a massage parlour by encouraging clients to upgrade to a more expensive session through hiring untrained masseuses with contagious warts to massage clients in the cheaper sessions.|
|28||3||"Andy vs. Uber"||October 12, 2017||403||0.252|
|Nathan helps a previous client of his - Andy, a taxi driver - to attempt to blackmail Uber into discontinuing their "baby onesie" promotion, incorporated by Uber at a suspiciously close time to Nathan's preceding mission with similar objectives.|
|29||4||"The Anecdote"||October 19, 2017||404||0.237|
|Believing that his previous appearances on late-night talk shows were too boring, Nathan spends $350,000 of the show's budget to execute an outlandish and unlikely series of events he can accurately recount as an anecdote on Jimmy Kimmel Live!|
|30||5||"Shipping Logistics Company"||October 26, 2017||405||0.311|
|Nathan tries to help a shipping company save money on tariffs by classifying smoke detectors as musical instruments, which results in him having to form a band known as The Banzai Predicament to give the concept legitimacy.|
|31||6||"Computer Repair / Psychic"||November 2, 2017||406||0.226|
|Nathan establishes Los Angeles's first computer repair shop staffed by asexuals; Nathan helps a psychic by creating a "personal" billboard ad specifically referencing a name that is common among residents, so that they think it is referring to themselves.|
|32||7||"Finding Frances"||November 9, 2017||499||0.24|
|Nathan helps William Heath, a Bill Gates impersonator from a previous episode, try to find his long-lost love (two-hour series finale).|
- "Comedy Central Sets Mid-Season Schedule Featuring New Series And Specials And The Return Of Network Favorites" (Press release). Comedy Central. December 11, 2012. Retrieved March 22, 2013.
- "Nathan Fielder Has Officially Ended 'Nathan For You'". UPROXX. 2018-10-17. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- "Thursday's Cable Ratings: "Swamp People" Tops Third Consecutive Week". The Futon Critic. March 1, 2013.
- "Thursday's Cable Ratings: No Stopping "Swamp People" on History". The Futon Critic. March 8, 2013.
- "Nathan Fielder Has Fun With Marketing in "Nathan For You"". Fast Company. 2013-03-07. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "Thursday's Cable Ratings: "Swamp People" Continues Its Reign for History". The Futon Critic. March 15, 2013.
- "Thursday's Cable Ratings: "Swamp People" Holds Off NCAA Onslaught". The Futon Critic. March 22, 2013.
- "Thursday's Cable Ratings: TBS, History Top Charts with NCAA, "Swamp People"". The Futon Critic. March 29, 2013.
- "Thursday's Cable Ratings: Another Thursday, Another "Swamp People" Victory". The Futon Critic. April 5, 2013.
- "Thursday's Cable Ratings: "Swamp People" Back on Top for History". The Futon Critic. April 13, 2013.
- "Thursday's Cable Ratings: "Swamp People" Goes Untouched for History". The Futon Critic. April 19, 2013.
- "Tuesday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: "America's Got Talent" Continues Its Reign". The Futon Critic. July 2, 2014.
- "Comedy Central's Facebook page". July 1, 2014.
- "Tuesday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: "Night Shift," "Rizzoli & Isles" Lead Originals". July 9, 2014.
- "Tuesday's Cable Ratings & Broadcast Finals: MLB All-Star Game Lands Top Spot for FOX". July 16, 2014.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Deadliest Catch', 'Rizzoli & Isles' & 'Pretty Little Liars' Win Night; 'The Haves & The Have Nots', 'Tyrant' & More". July 23, 2014. Archived from the original on July 29, 2014.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'The Haves and the Have Nots' and 'Deadliest Catch' Lead Night + 'Rizzoli & Isles', 'Counting Cars' & More". July 30, 2014. Archived from the original on August 1, 2014.
- "Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Deadliest Catch' Wins Night, 'Pretty Little Liars', 'Rizzoli & Isles', 'Royal Pains', 'Finding Carter' & More". Aug 6, 2014.
- "Nathan For You embarks on a quixotic mission to bring down Best Buy". AV Club. Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- "Nathan For You finally becomes full-blown experimental theater". The AV Club. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Nathan disappears into character in an epic Nathan For You finale event". The AV Club. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 9.21.2017". Sep 22, 2017.
- "Nathan for You Episode Guide". Zap2it. Retrieved August 31, 2017.
- Alston, Joshua. "Nathan For You relies, yet again, on the power of celebrity". TV Club. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 9.28.2017". Sep 29, 2017.
- "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.5.2017". ShowBuzz Daily. October 6, 2017. Retrieved October 14, 2017.
- "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.12.2017". ShowBuzz Daily. October 13, 2017. Retrieved October 14, 2017.
- Wright, Megh. "Last Night's 'Nathan for You' Revealed the Truth Behind Fielder's Recent 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' Appearance". Vulture. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- Hugar, John. "Nathan stages the perfect talk show anecdote on a stunning Nathan For You". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 2018-06-30.
- "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.19.2017". ShowBuzz Daily. October 20, 2017. Retrieved November 2, 2017.
- Hugar, John. "Nathan finds a new use for smoke detectors on a clever Nathan For You". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.26.2017". ShowBuzz Daily. October 27, 2017. Retrieved November 2, 2017.
- Hugar, John. "Asexuals and psychics comprise a solid-but-perfunctory Nathan For You". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 2017-11-25.
- "SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Thursday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 11.2.2017". ShowBuzz Daily. November 3, 2017. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Hugar, John. "Nathan For You's two-hour finale lives up to the hype with incredible catharsis". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 2017-11-25.