List of blood donation agencies
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016)
This is a list of blood donation agencies in different countries.
- Canadian Blood Services
- Héma-Québec, provincial (Quebec only), independent from the Canadian Blood Services.
- Veripalvelu (Finnish Red Cross Blood Service)
- Rotary Blood Bank
- Indian Red Cross Society
- Sankalp India Foundation
- Athar Blood Bank
- NHS Blood and Transplant
- Northern Ireland Blood Transfusion Service
- Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service
- Welsh Blood Service
The United States does not have a centralized blood donation service. The American Red Cross collects approximately 35% of the blood used, while the rest is collected by independent nonprofit blood centers, most of which are members of America's Blood Centers. The US military collects blood from service members for its own use, but also draws blood from the civilian supply.
- "Health Sciences Authority". Archived from the original on 2014-03-01. Retrieved 2014-03-01.
- "Armed Services Blood Program: The Official Program for Blood Donation and Collection for the Armed Services". Militaryblood.dod.mil. Retrieved 2016-03-28.