|Non-Profit Voluntary Organization|
|India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Malaysia, Yemen|
Friends2Support.org is a non-profit organization providing access to contact blood donors online from its website and mobile applications. Friends2Support (F2S) has over 175,000 people voluntarily registered as blood donors.
Five friends, Shaik Shareef, Naveen Reddy, Koteswara Rao Sanampudi, Phani Kethamakka and Murali Krishna, from Narsaraopet, Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh inaugurated F2S on November 14, 2005 in Hyderabad. The founders are all software engineers employed in Various Countries. Friends2Support was founded as an effort to tackle the problem of blood unavailability at the hospital.
The five members became the first donors, after which others joined. They had to manage their IT jobs while spreading the idea. They mailed whoever we knew about the site in their spare time, who in turn, spread it to other people. They held gatherings and approached people door-to-door.
F2S has conducted many events to promote their idea across the country including bike rallies, walks and signature campaigns.
Future plans include establishing a free toll-free number across the country in various languages concentrating on rural education and starting a book donation website.
F2S has launched mobile apps (applications) for all mobile platforms (android, Windows & iPhone users).
Serving the needy in nook and corner of India, friends2support.org has been making the free database of voluntary donors' contact information available 24X7 on all possible platforms leveraging the emerging technologies. They have launched the GPS based `search for donor' in all these countries on its mobile applications `Apps' on iOS, Android and Windows phones. People wishing to register themselves as donors can do it from the `Apps' as well and help save a life.
The website and mobile app allows you to either register or call voluntary blood donors without third-party human interference and allows to keep track of your donation record.
App Name: friends2support.org
- Digital Trailblazer award
- Award of Excellence 2015 from the Ministry of Health of India, 14 June 2015
- United Nations World Summit Youth Award
- Real Hero Award to founder Mr. Shareef
- Listed In The Limca Book Of Records For Maintaining The Largest Database Of Voluntary Blood Donors.
- World Summit Youth Award (WSYA) recognized F2S as Top 5 Runner-Up for the contribution towards using Internet and Mobiles to get Action on United Nations Millennium Development goals under the category Fight Hunger, Poverty & Disease
- NASSCOM Foundation Social Innovation Honours shortlisted F2S for the innovative contribution to society (non-profit).
- Manthan Award 2007 was conferred during an International Conference on e-content and Sustainability event organised by the Digital Empowerment Foundation in association with the Department of Information Technology and American India Foundation in New Delhi on September 21 and 22.
- The Hindu Jan 21, 2006
- The Hindu Jun 15, 2008
- The Hindu Sept 25, 2007
- Friends2Support founders
- The Hindu May 27, 2007
- The Hindu February 14, 2012
- Youth Award 2009
- nasscom 2009
- The Hindu September 25, 2007
- "An app to save lives" (Press release). The Hindu. 2013-11-09. Retrieved 2013-11-09.
- "Here comes the heroes" (Press release). The Hindu. 2015-08-15. Retrieved 2015-08-15.
- "Log on to find a blood donor" (Press release). The Hindu. 2006-01-21. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Hyderabad techies help war-torn Yemen's blood donation drive" (Press release). The Hindu. 2015-07-16. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- "'Manthan Award 2007' for Narsaraopet website" (Press release). The Hindu. 2007-09-25. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- Shareef, Shaik. "People Behind : Founders". Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Blood donation: trickle turns into a flow" (Press release). The Hindu. 2007-05-27. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Overwhelming response to Guntur 10K Walk" (Press release). The Hindu. 2006-11-26. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Terror attacks find place on canvas" (Press release). The Hindu. 2008-12-03. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Render social service, cultivate scientific outlook, says DRM" (Press release). The Hindu. 2008-11-07. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- WSYA, Winners 2009. "WSYA Winners 2009". Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- NASSCOM, Foundation Social Innovation Honours. "List of Nominees". Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- Limca Book Of Records, Entry (2012-02-14). "Blood donors' website enters Limca Book of Records". The Hindu. Chennai, India. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- Blood brothers1, Blood brothers1 (2012-07-20). "Blood brothers1". The Hindu. Chennai, India. Retrieved 2012-09-07.
- Blood brothers2, Blood brothers2 (2012-07-20). "Blood brothers2". The Hindu. Chennai, India. Retrieved 2012-09-07.
- Support in the hour of need, Blood Donors' club. "Blood Donors' club: Support in the hour of need". Retrieved 2012-09-07.
- Youth, Encourage. "Encourage the Youth by Telugu news paper". Retrieved 2012-09-07.[dead link]