List of cemeteries in Italy
- English Cemetery, Florence - burial site for Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Frances Trollope, Theodore Parker and others;
- Campo Verano, Rome
- Cimitero Monumentale in Milan is a very large cemetery that includes the Famedio (Temple of Fame) where Vladimir Horowitz, Alessandro Manzoni, Arturo Toscanini, Eva Peron and others are interred;
- Protestant Cemetery, Rome - resting place of Percy Bysshe Shelley, John Keats;
- San Michele, Venice - Venice's main cemetery and resting place of Ezra Pound, Igor Stravinsky and Sergei Diaghilev;
- Cimitero Monumentale di Staglieno, Genoa—famous for its sepulchral sculpture and architecture.
- Old English Cemetery, Livorno - probably the first Protestant burial ground in Italy, resting place of Tobias Smollett
- Fontanelle cemetery in Naples
- English Cemetery, Naples
- Cemetery of Poggioreale, Naples
- Cemetery of the 366 Fossae, Naples
- Monumental Cemetery (also known as Vantiniano) in Brescia - it is the first monumental cemetery built in Italy, resting place of the former Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Zanardelli.
- ^ Vanderslice Meeks, Carroll Louis (1966). Italian architecture, 1750-1914. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- ^ "Cimitero Vantiniano" [Vantiniano Cemetery]. touringclub.com (in Italian). Retrieved 29 November 2014.