List of companies based in Eritrea
Eritrea, officially the State of Eritrea, is a country in the Horn of Africa. The economy of Eritrea has experienced considerable growth in recent years, indicated by an improvement in Gross domestic product (GDP) in October 2012 of 7.5 percent over 2011. However, worker remittances from abroad are estimated to account for 32 percent of gross domestic product. Eritrea has an extensive amount of resources such as copper, gold, granite, marble, and potash. The Eritrean economy has undergone extreme changes due to the War of Independence. In 2011, Eritrea's GDP grew by 8.7 percent making it one of the fastest growing economies in the world. The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) expects it to maintain a high growth rate of 8.5 percent in 2013.
Companies based in Eritrea
- Asmara Brewery
- Banca per l'Africa Orientale
- Commercial Bank of Eritrea
- Elabored Estate
- Eritrean Investment and Development Bank
- Eritrean Railway
- Eritrean Telecommunications Corporation
- Golden Star Brewery
- Housing and Commerce Bank
- Nakfa Corporation
- Red Sea Trading Corporation
- Sabur Printing Press
- ISO 3166-1 Newsletter VI-13 International Organization for Standardization
- , International Monetary Fund. Retrieved October 2012.
- Eritrea country profile. Library of Congress Federal Research Division (September 2005). This article incorporates text from this source, which is in the public domain.
- Eritrea: Africa’s Economic Success Story - iNewp.com Archived 2013-01-29 at the Wayback Machine.