List of countries without political parties
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of countries and dependencies with a permanent population that have no legal political parties. Some have opposition groups that operate clandestinely.
- Bahrain – Political "parties" are banned, but political "societies" are allowed. The media, however, usually refer to these formations as "parties".
- Canada (Northwest Territories and Nunavut)
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Falkland Islands
- Kuwait – Political "parties" are not legally recognized, but political blocs are allowed. The media, however, usually refer to these blocs as "parties".
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Norfolk Island
- Oman – Political parties are banned.
- Pakistan – Political parties are banned in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
- Pitcairn Islands
- Qatar – Political parties are banned.
- Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha
- Saudi Arabia – Political parties are banned.
- United Arab Emirates – Political parties are banned.
- Vatican City State