List of deaths by motorcycle crash
(Redirected from List of deaths by motorcycle accidents)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of people with Wikipedia articles who died in a motorcycle crash.
The following people with biographies in Wikipedia died in road crashes involving motorcycles:
|T. E. Lawrence||May 18, 1935||46||Great Britain||Soldier, writer.||Brough Superior SS100||Wareham, Dorset|||
|Bluey Wilkinson||July 27, 1940||28||Australia||Speedway rider||Bondi, New South Wales|
|Richard Fariña||April 30, 1966||29||American||Musician||Near Carmel, California||Passenger|
|Duane Allman||October 29, 1971||24||American||Musician||Harley-Davidson Sportster||Macon, Georgia|
|Gary Gabelich||January 26, 1984||43||American||land speed record holder||San Pedro, Los Angeles|||
|Jason McRoy||August 24, 1995||23||British||Downhill mountain bike rider||Harley Davidson||A628, Derbyshire||[nb 1]|||
|Pete Conrad||July 8, 1999||69||American||third person to walk on the Moon||1996 Harley-Davidson||Ojai, California||[nb 2]|||
|Norifumi Abe||October 7, 2007||32||Japan||Motorcycle racer||Yamaha XP 500 TMAX maxi-scooter||500||Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan||[nb 3]|||
|Luc Bourdon||May 29, 2008||21||Canada||NHL Defensive prospect, 1st round pick of the Vancouver Canucks||2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000||1000||Lamèque, New Brunswick, Canada|||
|Andrea Pininfarina||August 7, 2008||51||Italy||Engineer and manager, CEO of Pininfarina||Vespa GT60 scooter||250||Cambiano, Turin||[nb 4]|| Conditions at the time of the crash were very foggy.|
|Atsushi Kuroi||February 1, 2010||40||Japan||Drifting driver|||
|Mitch Lucker||October 31, 2012||28||American||former frontman of the band Suicide Silence||2013 Harley-Davidson||Huntington Beach, California, United States|||
|Ahmed Hassanein||February 19, 1946||56||Egyptian||Courtier and explorer|
|Berry Oakley||November 11, 1972||24||American||Musician||1967 Triumph||Macon, Georgia||Three blocks from where fellow Allman Brothers Band member Duane Allman had his fatal motorcycle crash|||
|Don Rich||July 17, 1974||32||Musician (Buck Owens and the Buckaroos)|
|Bob Gassoff||May 27, 1977||24||Canadian||ice hockey player||Near Gray Summit, Missouri, United States|
|Reg Armstrong||1979||Irish||motorcycle racer|
|Stanley de Silva||April 12, 1980||Sri Lankan||Cricketer|
|John Gardner||September 14, 1982||49||American||Novelist||Harley-Davidson||Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania|||
|Coluche, born Michel Colucci||June 19, 1986||
|Barry Mannakee||May 14, 1987||British||Royal Protection Squad bodyguard and alleged lover of Diana, Princess of Wales||Suzuki||400||Woodford, London||Death claimed by Diana to have been arranged by security services|||
|Niccolò Galli||February 10, 2001||Italian||Footballer|
|Andy Kirby||July 18, 2002||NASCAR Busch Series Driver||1985 Harley-Davidson||White House, Tennessee|||
|Bahattin Sofuoğlu||October 25, 2002||Turkish||motorcycle racer|
|Simon Milward||March 4, 2005||humanitarian motorcyclist||Mali|
|Norberto Napolitano "Pappo"||February 24, 2005||Argentine||Rock musician|
|Sajjadul Hasan||March 16, 2007||Bangladeshi||Cricketer|
|Manjural Islam Rana||March 16, 2007||Bangladeshi||Cricketer|
|Diego Corrales||May 7, 2007||American||Boxer||2007 Suzuki GSXR 1000||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Lenar Gilmullin||June 22, 2007||Russian||footballer|
|Antoine Demoitié||March 27, 2016||Belgian||Cyclist||Sainte-Marie-Cappel||Struck by motorbike after fall during race|||
|"Indian Larry" Desmedt||August 30, 2004||55||American||Motorcycle builder and stuntman||Concord, North Carolina, U.S.|
|Butch Laswell||March 10, 1996||37||American||Motorcycle stunt rider||Honda CR500||Mesquite, Nevada, U.S.|
|Joi Harris||August 14, 2017||40||American||Motorcycle road racer and stuntwoman||Vancouver, Canada||Killed while filming a motorcycle stunt||http://www.thedrive.com/a-list/13482/stunt-woman-killed-in-motorcycle-accident-during-deadpool-2-filming|
|Dar Robinson||November 21, 1986||39||American||Stunt performer and actor||Page, Arizona, U.S.|
|Corey Scott||February 8, 1997||28||American||Motorcycle stunt rider||Miami, Florida, U.S.|
- 1896 Sylvester H. Roper Cambridge, Massachusetts. Crash preceded by or followed by heart failure.
- 2007 Noriyasu Numata (JPN) Okayama International Circuit
- 2013 Kevin Ash, journalist, killed in South Africa while testing new BMW R1200GS
- Motorcycle safety
- List of motorcycle deaths in U.S. by year
- List of Billown Course fatal accidents
- List of Daytona International Speedway fatalities
- Category:Lists of motorsport fatalities
- "T.E. Lawrence, To Arabia and back". BBC. Retrieved 16 August 2012
- BikeRadar. "In memory of Jason McRoy". BikeRadar. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Third Man to Walk on Moon Dies in Motorcycle Accident". NASA. July 9, 1999.
- Wren, Christopher S. (1999-07-10). "Pete Conrad, 69, the Third Man to Walk on the Moon, Dies After a Motorcycle Crash". The New York Times.
- "Yamaha Release On Norick Abe's Death". SuperbikePlanet.com. Archived from the original on 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2007-10-08.
- "'Legendary rider' Norick Abe dies in motorbike, truck collision". Japan News Review. Archived from the original on 2013-08-25. Retrieved 2007-10-08.
- The Canadian Press (2008-06-02). "Funeral For NHL Player Luc Bourdon". CityNews. Toronto. Archived from the original on 2008-06-03. Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Canucks rookie Bourdon, 21, killed in motorcycle crash". ESPN. Associated Press. 2008-05-29. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- Pynn, Larry (2008-05-29). "Bourdon's death saddens hometown fans, family". Vancouver Sun. Vancouver. Archived from the original on 2008-06-01. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- Botchford, Jason (2008-05-29). "Family 'crushed' by Bourdon's death". CanWest News Service. Vancouver. Archived from the original on 2009-03-07. Retrieved 2015-04-02.
- "Designerlegende Pininfarina ist tot". Spiegel Online. 2008-08-07. Archived from the original on 10 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-10. Translation Archived 2007-10-10 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Andrea Pininfarina Dies in Turin Road Accident". Corrierre.it.
- http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/02/02/news-gt-gt-rip-atsushi-[permanent dead link] kuroi.aspx
- Motor Mavens (2010-02-02). "NEWSWORTHY> Farewell, Atsushi Kuroi – MotorMavens | Car Culture and Photography". Motormavens.com. Archived from the original on 2014-08-12. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Press Release: Fatal Traffic Collision" (PDF). City of Huntington Beach. November 1, 2012.
- R. Gary Patterson (2008), Take a Walk on the Dark Side: Rock and Roll Myths, Legends, and Curses, Simon and Schuster, p. 44, ISBN 9781439103647
- United Press International (15 September 1982), "John Gardner Killed on His Motorcycle", Schenectady Gazette, Oakland, Pennsylvania, p. 2, retrieved 2010-09-03
- Associated Press (September 15, 1982), "Novelist Gardner dies in crash", The Milwaukee Journal, Binghamton, New York, pp. 1–8, retrieved 2010-11-09
- Conspiracy theorists feast on inquiry into death of Diana's minder[permanent dead link] The Independent, Retrieved 1 November 2007
- William Langley (12 December 2004), "The Mannakee File", The Daily Telegraph, London
- BUSCH: Andy Kirby killed in accident, motorsport.com, July 20, 2002
- "Antoine Demoitié dies following Gent-Wevelgem crash". Immediate Media. March 28, 2016.
- Matthew Miles (23 January 2013), Rest in Peace, Kevin Ash / British journalist killed in crash at BMW R1200GS press launch, Cycle World, retrieved 2013-01-24
- collision with a lorry
- Veered off road and crashed.
- Collision with a lorry, who made an illegal u-turn in front of him, when he was riding his motorcycle.
- a car driven by a 78-year-old man maneuvered from a side street around a parked lorry and pulled directly in front of Mr. Pininfarina.