List of deaths by motorcycle crash
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of deaths by motorcycle accidents)
This article is about Motorcycling fatalities on public roads.. For fatalities in motorcycle racing see, see Deaths in motorcycle racing.
This is a list of people with Wikipedia articles who died in a motorcycle crash.
The following people with biographies in Wikipedia died in road crashes involving motorcycles:
|Name Jude Parnell||Death Flip||Age 10||Nationality||Notability||Make-model||Displacement (cc) 70||Location||Details||Source|
|Simoncelli, MarcoMarco Simoncelli||October 23, 2011||24||Italian||MotoGP™, Racer.||San Carlo Gresini Honda MotoGP||Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia|||
|Lawrence, T. E.T. E. Lawrence||May 18, 1935||46||Great Britain||Soldier, writer.||Brough Superior SS100||Wareham, Dorset|||
|Wilkinson, BlueyBluey Wilkinson||July 27, 1940||28||Australia||Speedway rider|
|Fariña, RichardRichard Fariña||April 30, 1966||29||Musician|
|Allman, DuaneDuane Allman||October 29, 1971||24||United States||Musician||Harley-Davidson Sportster||Macon, Georgia|
|Gabelich, GaryGary Gabelich||January 26, 1984||43||land speed record holder||San Pedro, Los Angeles|||
|McRoy, JasonJason McRoy||November 26, 1971||23||Downhill mountain bike rider||Harley Davidson||A628, Derbyshire||[nb 1]|||
|Laswell, ButchButch Laswell||March 10, 1996||37||United States||Motorcycle Stunt Rider||Honda CR500||Mesquite, Nevada|
|Scott, CoreyCorey Scott||February 8, 1997||28||United States||Motorcycle Stunt Rider||Miami, Florida|
|Conrad, PetePete Conrad||July 8, 1999||69||United States||third person to walk on the Moon||1996 Harley-Davidson||Ojai, California||[nb 2]|||
|Abe, NorifumiNorifumi Abe||October 7, 2007||32||Japan||Motorcycle racer||Yamaha XP 500 TMAX maxi-scooter||500||Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan||[nb 3]|||
|Bourdon, LucLuc Bourdon||May 29, 2008||21||Canada||NHL Defensive prospect, 1st round pick of the Vancouver Canucks||2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000||1000||Lamèque, New Brunswick, Canada|||
|Pininfarina, AndreaAndrea Pininfarina||August 7, 2008||51||Italy||Engineer and manager, CEO of Pininfarina||Vespa GT60 scooter||250||Cambiano, Turin||[nb 4]|| Conditions at the time of the crash were very foggy.|
|Kuroi, AtsushiAtsushi Kuroi||February 1, 2010||40||Japan|||
|Lucker, MitchMitch Lucker||October 31, 2012||28||United States||former frontman of the band Suicide Silence||2013 Harley-Davidson||Huntington Beach, California, United States|||
|Hassanein, AhmedAhmed Hassanein||February 19, 1946||Egyptian courtier and explorer|
|Oakley, BerryBerry Oakley||November 11, 1972||United States||Musician||1967 Triumph||Macon, Georgia||Three blocks from where fellow Allman Brothers Band member Duane Allman had his fatal motorcycle crash|||
|Rich, DonDon Rich||July 17, 1974||Musician (Buck Owens and the Buckaroos)|
|Gassoff, BobBob Gassoff||May 27, 1977||ice hockey player|
|Armstrong, RegReg Armstrong||1979||Irish||motorcycle racer|
|de Silva, StanleyStanley de Silva||April 12, 1980||Sri Lankan||Cricketer|
|Gardner, JohnJohn Gardner||September 14, 1982||United States||Novelist||Harley-Davidson||Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania|||
|Coluche, born Michel Colucci||June 19, 1986||French||Comedian|
|Mannakee, BarryBarry Mannakee||14 May 1987||British||Royal Protection Squad bodyguard and alleged lover of Diana, Princess of Wales||Suzuki||400||Woodford, London||Death claimed by Diana to have been arranged by security services|||
|Niccolò Galli||February 10, 2001||Italian||Footballer|
|Kirby, AndyAndy Kirby||July 18, 2002||NASCAR Busch Series Driver||1985 Harley-Davidson||White House, Tennessee|||
|Sofuoğlu, BahattinBahattin Sofuoğlu||October 25, 2002||Turkish||motorcycle racer|
|Milward, SimonSimon Milward||March 4, 2005||humanitarian motorcyclist||Mali|
|Norberto Napolitano "Pappo"||February 24, 2005||Argentinia||Rock musician|
|Hasan, SajjadulSajjadul Hasan||March 16, 2007||Bangladeshi||Cricketer|
|Rana, Manjural IslamManjural Islam Rana||March 16, 2007||Bangladeshi||Cricketer|
|Corrales, DiegoDiego Corrales||May 7, 2007||American||Boxer||2007 Suzuki GSXR 1000||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Gilmullin, LenarLenar Gilmullin||June 22, 2007||Russian||footballer|
|Demoitié, AntoineAntoine Demoitié||March 27, 2016||Belgian||Cyclist||Sainte-Marie-Cappel||Struck by motorbike after fall during race|||
- "Indian Larry" Desmedt, 55, 30 August 2004, motorcycle builder and stuntman
- Jeremy Lusk, 24, 10 February 2009, American freestyle motocross rider, competing in X Knights competition in San Jose, Costa Rica
- Jim McNeil, 32, 7 November 2011, American freestyle motocross rider, practice for an exhibition prior to the AAA Texas 500 at Texas Motor Speedway
- Dar Robinson, 39, 21 November 1986, stunt performer
- 1896 Sylvester H. Roper Cambridge, Massachusetts. Crash preceded by or followed by heart failure.
- 2007 Noriyasu Numata (JPN) Okayama International Circuit
- 2013 Kevin Ash, journalist, killed in South Africa while testing new BMW R1200GS
- Motorcycle safety
- List of motorcycle deaths in U.S. by year
- List of Billown Course fatal accidents
- List of Daytona International Speedway fatalities
- Category:Lists of motorsport fatalities
- "Marco Simoncelli dies after MotoGP crash in Sepang".
- "T.E. Lawrence, To Arabia and back". BBC. Retrieved 16 August 2012
- BikeRadar. "In memory of Jason McRoy". BikeRadar. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Third Man to Walk on Moon Dies in Motorcycle Accident". NASA. July 9, 1999.
- Wren, Christopher S. (1999-07-10). "Pete Conrad, 69, the Third Man to Walk on the Moon, Dies After a Motorcycle Crash". The New York Times.
- "Yamaha Release On Norick Abe's Death". SuperbikePlanet.com. Retrieved 2007-10-08.
- "'Legendary rider’ Norick Abe dies in motorbike, truck collision". Japan News Review. Retrieved 2007-10-08.
- The Canadian Press (2008-06-02). "Funeral For NHL Player Luc Bourdon". CityNews (Toronto). Retrieved 2008-06-02.
- "Canucks rookie Bourdon, 21, killed in motorcycle crash". ESPN. Associated Press. 2008-05-29. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- Pynn, Larry (2008-05-29). "Bourdon's death saddens hometown fans, family". Vancouver Sun (Vancouver). Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- Botchford, Jason (2008-05-29). "Family ‘crushed’ by Bourdon's death". CanWest News Service (Vancouver). Retrieved 2015-04-02.
- "Designerlegende Pininfarina ist tot". Spiegel Online. 2008-08-07. Archived from the original on 10 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-10. Translation
- "Andrea Pininfarina Dies in Turin Road Accident". Corrierre.it.
- http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/02/02/news-gt-gt-rip-atsushi- kuroi.aspx
- Motor Mavens (2010-02-02). "NEWSWORTHY> Farewell, Atsushi Kuroi – MotorMavens | Car Culture and Photography". Motormavens.com. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Press Release: Fatal Traffic Collision" (PDF). City of Huntington Beach. November 1, 2012.
- R. Gary Patterson (2008), Take a Walk on the Dark Side: Rock and Roll Myths, Legends, and Curses, Simon and Schuster, p. 44, ISBN 9781439103647
- United Press International (15 September 1982), "John Gardner Killed on His Motorcycle", Schenectady Gazette (Oakland, Pennsylvania), p. 2, retrieved 2010-09-03
- Associated Press (September 15, 1982), "Novelist Gardner dies in crash", The Milwaukee Journal (Binghamton, New York), pp. 1–8, retrieved 2010-11-09
- Conspiracy theorists feast on inquiry into death of Diana's minder The Independent, Retrieved 1 November 2007
- William Langley (12 December 2004), "The Mannakee File", The Daily Telegraph (London)
- BUSCH: Andy Kirby killed in accident, motorsport.com, July 20, 2002
- "Antoine Demoitié dies following Gent-Wevelgem crash". Immediate Media. March 28, 2016.
- "FMX rider Jim McNeil dies". ESPN. 2011-11-07. Retrieved 2011-11-18.
- Matthew Miles (23 January 2013), Rest in Peace, Kevin Ash / British journalist killed in crash at BMW R1200GS press launch, Cycle World, retrieved 2013-01-24
- collision with a lorry
- Veered off road and crashed.
- Collision with a lorry, who made an illegal u-turn in front of him, when he was riding his motorcycle.
- a car driven by a 78-year-old man maneuvered from a side street around a parked lorry and pulled directly in front of Mr. Pininfarina.