List of fossiliferous stratigraphic units in Namibia
Fossiliferous stratigraphic units in Namibia are not as numerous as in neighboring South Africa, but several formations have provided unique fossil assemblages, particularly the Ediacaran fauna of the Vendian to Cambrian Nama Group, fossil fish in the Carboniferous to Permian Ganigobis Formation and Eocene Langental Formation, typical Permian Gondwanan biota in the Huab, Gai-As and Whitehill Formations, Early Triassic therapsids in the Omingonde Formation, Early Jurassic dinosaur trackways in the Etjo Sandstone and Early Miocene mammals and reptiles in the Elisabeth Bay Formation.
List of fossiliferous stratigraphic units
- Lists of fossiliferous stratigraphic units in Africa
- List of fossiliferous stratigraphic units in Uruguay
- List of fossiliferous stratigraphic units in Antarctica
- Geology of Namibia
- Pickford et al., 2009, p.98
- Pickford, 2014, p.72
- Elisabeth Bay Formation at Fossilworks.org
- Buntfeldschuch Formation at Fossilworks.org
- Langetal Formation at Fossilworks.org
- Pickford, 2015, p.215
- Pickford, 2018a, p.48
- Pickford, 2018b, p.26
- Etjo Sandstone at Fossilworks.org
- Omingonde Formation at Fossilworks.org
- Gai-As Formation at Fossilworks.org
- Huab Formation at Fossilworks.org
- Whitehill Formation at Fossilworks.org
- Dwyka Group at Fossilworks.org
- Ganigobis Formation at Fossilworks.org
- Nomtsas Formation at Fossilworks.org
- Urusis Formation at Fossilworks.org
- Kuibis Quartzite at Fossilworks.org
- Naldaus Formation at Fossilworks.org
- Zaris Formation at Fossilworks.org
- Dabis Formation at Fossilworks.org
- Pickford, Martin. 2018a. Zegdoumyidae (Rodentia, Mammalia) from the Middle Eocene of Black Crow, Namibia : taxonomy, dental formula. Communications of the Geological Survey of Namibia 18. 48–63. Accessed 2018-08-26.
- Pickford, Martin. 2018b. Freshwater aquatic and aquaphile vertebrates from Black Crow (Ypresian/Lutetian, Namibia) and their palaeoenvironmental significance. Communications of the Geological Survey of Namibia 18. 26–37. Accessed 2018-08-26.
- Pickford, Martin. 2015. Bothriogenys (Anthracotheriidae) from the Bartonian of Eoridge, Namibia. Communications of the Geological Survey of Namibia 16. 215–222. Accessed 2018-08-26.
- Pickford, Martin. 2014. New Ratite Eggshells from the Miocene of Namibia. Communications of the Geological Survey of Namibia 15. 70–90. Accessed 2018-08-26.
- Pickford, Martin et al. 2009. Mio-Plio-Pleistocene geology and palaeobiology of Etosha Pan, Namibia. Communications of the Geological Survey of Namibia 14. 95–139. Accessed 2018-08-26.
- Mocke, Helke. 2018. The Fossil Collections from the Sperrgebiet at the National Earth Science Museum, Geological Survey of Namibia. Communications of the Geological Survey of Namibia 18. 124–131. Accessed 2018-08-26.