List of public lecture series
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article has no lead section. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- The prestigious Errol Solomon Meyers Memorial Lecture, held annually at the University of Queensland in Brisbane.
- The Massey Lectures are held at and sponsored by Massey College at the University of Toronto annually
- The Watts Lectures are held several times each year at the University of Toronto Scarborough
- The The H.C. Ørsted Lectureship held at and sponsored by The Technical University of Denmark, annually
- Public Lectures in Science (In Danish: Offentlige Foredrag i Naturvidenskab) sponsored by Faculty of Science and Technology, Aarhus University, and held in Vejle, Horsens, Herning and Aarhus. See more at http://scitech.au.dk/foredrag/
- Vasant Vyakhyanmala is a traditional annual spring lecture series held in Pune, India, for the last 140 years and hosted by Vaktruttvottejak Sabha.
- United Kingdom
- Gresham College gives free public lectures since it was founded in 1597
- The Reith Lectures, broadcast annually on the BBC, founded in honour of Lord Reith
- The Romanes Lectures, on "any topic in the Arts, Science, or Literature", given annually at the University of Oxford founded by George Romanes
- The Royal Institution Christmas Lectures have presented scientific ideas to young people in an entertaining manner since 1825.
- United States
- The Art, Technology, and Culture (ATC) Lecture Series, at University of California, Berkeley in Berkeley, CA
- The Charles Eliot Norton Lectures at Harvard University, in Cambridge, MA
- Distinctive Voices, sponsored by the National Academy of Sciences, presents lectures on a wide range of scientific and technical topics at the Beckman Center in Irvine, CA and the Jonsson Center in Woods Hole, MA
- The Morgenthau Lectures, at the Carnegie Council in New York
Social and Political
Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Evolution of Flight Lecture Series from American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- CDS Lecture Series at Intelligent Servosystems Laboratory, Institute for Systems Research at University of Maryland, College Park
- MURL Lecture Series at Multi-University/Research Laboratory (MURL) as a group of institutions:
History and Humanities
- Caird Medal lecture series at the National Maritime Museum
- E. A. Lowe Lectures, given triennially at Corpus Christi College, University of Oxford, on palaeography
- Ford Lectures, given annually at Oxford University on British history
- Lyell Lectures, given annually at Oxford University on the history of the book or bibliography
- McKenzie Lectures, given annually at Oxford University on the history of the book, scholarly editing, textual criticism, or bibliography
- Panizzi Lectures, given annually at the British Library on a topic in bibliography or book history
- Sandars Lectures, given annually at Cambridge University on a topic in bibliography or book history
- Lees Knowles Lectures, given annually military history at Trinity College, Cambridge
- Raleigh Lectures on History at the British Academy, London, England,
- Black History for Action at Lambeth Town Hall, London, England.
- Keynes Lectures in Economics at the British Academy, London, England.
- Annual History Lecture series from University of Washington Alumni Association (UWAA).
- Chicago Humanities Festival
- James Ford Bell Lecture series at the University of Minnesota
- Jefferson Lecture, annual honorary lecture sponsored by the National Endowment for the Humanities
- Massey Lectures (Harvard University)
- W. A. Hammond Lecture on the American Tradition, Miami University since 1962
Journalism and Media Studies
Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences
- Spring Lecture Series at University of Arkansas
Neurosciences and Mind/Brain Sciences
- The Melbourne Neuroscience Public Lecture Series at The Melbourne Neuroscience Institute, University of Melbourne
- Treva Glazebrook Lecture Series at University of Western Ontario
- CSHL Adult Lectures at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
- Contemporary Neurology and Neuroscience Evening Lecture Series at Department of Neurology, University of California, Irvine
- Cognitive Neuroscience Lecture Series at Center for Neural Science|the Center for Neural Science, New York University
- Duke Neurobiology Lecture Series at Department of Neurobiology, Duke University Medical Center
- Frontiers in Neuroscience Lecture Series by the Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Emory University
- Gardner Murphy Memorial Lecture Series by the American Society for Psychical Research
- HHMI's Neuroscience Lecture Series at Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- IHF Distinguished Lecture Series on Brain, Learning and Memory at Irvine Health Foundation
- Interdisciplinary Seminar at Oklahoma Center for Neuroscience (OCNS)
- Distinguished Lecturer Series at UC Davis M.I.N.D. Institute
- Mind, Brain and Behavior Distinguished Lecture Series at Center for Cognitive Neurosciences, Duke University
- Mind/Brain Lecture Series at Swartz Foundation
- MNIF Public Lecture Series at Montana Neuroscience Institute Foundation
- Neuroscience Lecture Series at University of Wisconsin–Madison
- NRC Lecture Series at Neuroscience Research Center, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- NUIN Lecture Series at the Northwestern University Institute for Neuroscience
- Pinkel Endowed Lecture Series at Institute for Research in Cognitive Science, University of Pennsylvania
- Wyeth Distinguished Lecture Series in Behavioral Neuroscience at Rutgers University
- Yerkes Neuroscience Lecture Series by Neuroscience Division, Yerkes National Primate Research Center
- Perimeter Institute's Public Lecture Series at Perimeter Institute
- Fermilab Lecture Series at Fermilab
- Henry Norris Russell Lectureship before the American Astronomical Society
- Jansky Lectureship before the National Radio Astronomy Observatory
- Leon Pape Memorial Lecture Series at California State University at Los Angeles
- Lyman Parratt Lecture Series at Cornell University
- Theodore von Kármán Lecture Series at Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
- Richtmyer Memorial Award Lectureship, by the American Association of Physics Teachers
- Giuseppe Bigi Memorial Lecture Series , Milan
- "Vasant Vyakhyanmala to start from April 21" (19 April 2011). sakal news papers. sakaltimes. 19 April 2011. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- "Month-long spring lecture series that has been a tradition for centuries in Pune will be held till May 20.". dna. dna. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- "Distinctive Voices Home". Nasonline.org. Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- "Landon Lecture Series - Home Page - KSU-OME". Ome.ksu.edu. 2004-07-31. Retrieved 2013-06-17.
- "Information about the British Academy's Lecture series - British Academy". Britac.ac.uk. Retrieved 2013-06-17.