List of shipwrecks in 1841
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The list of shipwrecks in 1841 includes some ships sunk, wrecked or otherwise lost during 1841.
|Albion||United States||The ship was driven ashore on the coast of India before 9 September. She was on a voyage from Calcutta to New York.Albion was refloated and put back to Calcutta. She was consequently condemned.|
|Athalie||France||The ship was wrecked at Guadeloupe. She was on a voyage from Guadeloupe to Havre de Grâce.|
|Britannia||United Kingdom||The ship was wrecked in the Hooghly River. She was on a voyage from Calcutta to Mauritius.|
|Ellen||United Kingdom||The schooner was wrecked on Portland Island, New Zealand. Her crew were rescued.|
|Gazelle||United Kingdom||The ship was lost at Castillas de Santa Theresa. Her crew were rescued. She was on a voyage from Lisbon, Portugal to Monte Video, Uruguay.|
|Henry||United Kingdom||The ship went missing after leaving Moulmein, Burma.|
|Isabella||New South Wales||The ship was wrecked in the Caroline Islands. Her crew were rescued. She was on a voyage from Sydney to Manila, Spanish East Indies.|
|Perfect||United Kingdom||The ship was run ashore and abandoned at Kedgeree, India.|
|Robulla||New South Wales||The sloop was wrecked.|
|Sir John Harvey||United Kingdom||The ship was wrecked on a reef off Socotra. She was on a voyage from Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland to Aden.|
|Sophia Pate||New South Wales||The brig was wrecked at Kiapara, New Zealand before 2 October with the loss of 21 of her 32 crew. She was on a voyage from Auckland to the Bay of Islands and Kiapara.|
|Télémaque||France||The ship was in collision with Jeune Pauline ( France) and foundered in the Atlantic Ocean.|
|Uncertain||United Kingdom||The ship sank in Broad Bay, Isle of Lewis. She was on a voyage from Sunderland, County Durham to Londonderry. Uncertain was refloated in 1843 and taken in to Stornoway, where she was repaired.|
|Vigaro||Jamaica||The drogher was wrecked at Jamaica.|
- "Shipping Intelligence". The Morning Chronicle (22542). London. 17 February 1842.
- "Shipping Intelligence". The Morning Chronicle (22342). London. 5 July 1841.
- "Ship News". The Times (17824). London. 10 November 1841. col C, p. 6.
- "Ship News". The Times (17850). London. 10 December 1841. col A, p. 3.
- "Ship News". The Times (17617). London. 13 March 1841. col C, p. 6.
- "Ship News". The Australian. Sydney. 12 June 1841. p. 2.
- "Shipping Intelligence". The Morning Chronicle (22457). London. 9 November 1841.
- "Major Vessels Built at the Tasmanian Government Dockyards" (PDF). Keyportarthur. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- "Ship News". The Times (17877). London. 11 January 1842. col A, p. 7.
- "New Zealand". Port Phillip Gazette. Port Phillip. 21 November 1841. p. 3.
- "Ship News". The Standard (5481). London. 21 January 1842.
- "Shipping Intelligence". Caledonian Mercury (19053). Edinburgh. 24 February 1842.
- "Shipping Intelligence". The Morning Chronicle (22253). London. 23 March 1841.
- "Raising Vessels". Aberdeen Journal (5010). Aberdeen. 17 January 1844.
- "Ship News". The Times (17772). London. 10 September 1841. col E, p. 7.
|Ship events in 1841|