Litchfield Municipal Airport (Illinois)
|Litchfield Municipal Airport|
|Owner||Litchfield Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||690 ft / 210 m|
Litchfield Municipal Airport (FAA LID: 3LF) is a public use airport located two nautical miles (3.7 km) southwest of the central business district of Litchfield, in Montgomery County, Illinois, United States. It is owned by the Litchfield Airport Authority.
Facilities and aircraft
Litchfield Municipal Airport covers an area of 415 acres (168 ha) at an elevation of 690 feet (210 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 18/36 is 4,003 by 75 feet (1,220 x 23 m) (PAPI - REIL) and 9/27 is out of service indefinitely; it measures 3,901 by 75 feet (1,189 x 23 m) (VASI - REIL).
For the 12-month period ending August 31, 2008, the airport had 15,000 aircraft operations, an average of 41 per day: 92% general aviation, 4% air taxi, 4% military. At that time there were 38 aircraft based at this airport: 92% single-engine, 5% multi-engine and 3% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 3LF ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 11 February 2010.
- Litchfield Municipal Airport, official site
- Aerial photo as of 29 March 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 3LF, effective March 30, 2017
- Resources for this airport: