Little Red Wagon (song)
|"Little Red Wagon"|
|Single by Miranda Lambert|
|from the album Platinum|
|Released||January 12, 2015|
|Miranda Lambert singles chronology|
"Little Red Wagon" is a song performed by Audra Mae on her 2012 album Audra Mae and the Almighty Sound. It was covered by Miranda Lambert on her fifth studio album Platinum, and was released as its third single in January 2015.
Lambert said that she first heard of the song when John Eddie, with whom she had been touring at the time, recommended that she listen to an Audra Mae album. Upon hearing the song, Lambert wanted to record it, and asked Mae for permission to do so.
Giving it a B+, Jon Freeman of Country Weekly wrote that "it's still fun to hear her back in spitfire mode". He praised the "strong use of dynamics" in the production, but thought that the lyrics were "on the silly side of cheeky".
"Little Red Wagon" debuted at number 60 on the Billboard Country Airplay chart for the week dated January 10, 2015. It also debuted at number 49 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of August 23, 2014, several months before being released as a single. The song peaked at No. 5 on Hot Country Songs chart for chart dated March 28, 2015, and No. 55 on the Billboard Hot 100 the same week. As of July 2015, the song has sold 432,000 downloads in the US.
The music video was directed by Trey Fanjoy and premiered on March 11, 2015. In the video, Lambert is shown checking into a remote motel surrounded by desert. She is shown walking her pet dog, lounging beside the pool, and sitting on one of the motel beds while the motel's housekeeper and receptionist are seen dancing while on the job. The video ends with Lambert leaving in her airstream brandishing a belt that reads 'Mrs. Shelton,' a reference to her marriage with Blake Shelton.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||56|
|Canada Country (Billboard)||22|
|US Billboard Hot 100||55|
|US Country Airplay (Billboard)||16|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||5|
|US Country Airplay (Billboard)||77|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||60|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Wyland, Sarah (18 December 2014). "Miranda Lambert Releases "Little Red Wagon"". Great American Country. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- Freeman, Jon (16 March 2015). "Reviews: Miranda Lambert - 'Little Red Wagon'". Country Weekly. 22 (11): 66. ISSN 1074-3235.
- Matt Bjorke (July 28, 2015). "The Top 30 Digital Country Singles: July 28, 2015".
- Vinson, Christina (March 11, 2015). "Miranda Lambert Debuts 'Little Red Wagon' Music Video". The Boot. Retrieved March 12, 2015.
- "Miranda Lambert Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Miranda Lambert Chart History (Canada Country)". Billboard.
- "Miranda Lambert Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Miranda Lambert Chart History (Country Airplay)". Billboard.
- "Miranda Lambert Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Billboard Country Update for December 14, 2015" (PDF). Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. December 14, 2015. p. 7. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "Best of 2015: Hot Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2015. Retrieved December 9, 2015.
- "American single certifications – Miranda Lambert – Little Red Wagon". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved March 31, 2016. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.